• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Dictated by the stupid offsides penalty on first down. 1st and ten and they probably run Gurley three times. 1st and 15 and it's a different story.

Got fewer yards than three Gurley runs would likely have gotten.

Punter has two incredible kicks.

Got fewer yards than three Gurley runs would likely have gotten.

Punter has two incredible kicks.

In retrospect, yeah. But I can get thinking "1st and 15 and they are going to stack the box to stop the run - let's bust one and pick up a first down."

And double yeah - all that scoring, and it may have been the punter that actually won the game.

In retrospect, yeah. But I can get thinking "1st and 15 and they are going to stack the box to stop the run - let's bust one and pick up a first down."

And double yeah - all that scoring, and it may have been the punter that actually won the game.

Or Hill by trying to run it back.

As a Rams fan, I have to say I was almost semi-bummed when they scored their last TD. Actually I was thinking that if the Chiefs score fast enough, maybe the Rams will get the ball back with enough time to score again.

I think this is just a case of the pro game finally catching up with college football. Spread 'em out with fast guys at the skill positions and make them chase you. If you want better defense you're going to have to add a 12th player because the offense is going to win every time if it stays 11v11.

There's a pretty good chance the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams end up being 3 of the 5 greatest offenses of all time. All in the same season. And that's bad for the league? C'mon now.

Maybe if all-time ended after this season, but this is where the NFL has been pushing the game with all of the rule changes, it isn't going to stop here. As Biff said, the NFL is taking college offenses and pounding the defensive rules to juice up scoring to (a) drive their fantasy dollars, (b) drive their gambling dollars, and (c) increase the number of commercial breaks to drive their advertising dollars. The pendulum is not going to swing back the other way. It is the same thing the NBA has done, adjust the rules and structure to pump up scoring as much as possible. I think we'll see a lot more 50+ point games per team over the coming years.

Any contact - even contact initiated by WRs, especially on those deep underthrows - is getting flagged as PI

Any contact - even contact initiated by WRs, especially on those deep underthrows - is getting flagged as PI

This is one area they may need to look at. Pick plays and receiver initiated contact may need some attention.

This is my biggest complaint, as well.

Somewhat balanced by the fact that they let DBs hit receivers a beat early on anything short and over the middle.

They even talked about the problem last night, in a rare moment of information from the shitty MNF crew, the players are too fast and so the only way to slow them down is contact and grabbing, this contact and grabbing is called every time now. On offense the player knows exactly where he is going so can go fill speed while the defender has no idea and must react, the speed at which it occurs now coupled with penalties, playing DB is nearly impossible.

Contact needs to be called evenly both ways. Receiver initiated contact needs to be called more.

ETA

Receiver initiated contact seems to happen a lot more frequently than it is called. That is why it should be called more. Both on underthrown deep balls and crossing route pick plays.

Last edited:
Is Jared Goff the boringest Pro Bowler in history?

This was pretty funny but he was pretty boring in it. Damn good QB and very good for my fantasy team. I'll miss him this week.

The Tampa Bay Bucs had more yards against Washington than the Rams did against the Chiefs. The Bucs scored 3 points, and the Rams scored 54.

The Saints have scored more points in the last 3 games (144) than the Bills have scored all season (137) and one less than the Cardinals (145) - not including preseason.

I think I heard the Chiefs and Rams scored more TD’s Monday than the Bills have all season. That was a playoff team last year.

CHI @ DET tomorrow could be a sneaky good game. Looking forward to that one.

The other two seem like Boring (WAS @ DAL) and Blowout (ATL @ NO).

I guess Falcons/Saints could be a ton of points... But I don't see the Falcons keeping it competitive on the road. No reason for them not to just mail it in at this point.

Back