• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Besides being a (semi) Colts fan, I'm secretly hoping to see a Chargers/Colts AFC Championship game just to see the spectacle of a conference title game in a 27,000 seat venue. At least the Chargers would have the majority of the fans in that scenario, unlike a matchup against 75% of the league.

It wasn't until the Ravens game two weeks ago that I learned that the Chargers play in a soccer stadium. Which is kind of awesome and would be hilarious for the NFL if they hosted a CG.

I really like the Kingsbury to the Cardinals move. Try something new rather than going with a retread coach or a good-to-pretty good coordinator. The league is looking at ways to develop young QBs, as a good QB makes or breaks your team. It has its risks, as shown by his record at Tech, but no one can say this isn't a bold move. The league is looking at younger coaches who have that air raid background, and Kinsbury has worked with alot of good QBs. It will be an interesting experiment to say the least, but I like when NFL teams don't play it safe.

He doesn't need to recruit defensive players or an elite DC to Lubbock, Texas anymore. Even given his legendary TT status I don't think he was a good fit for the role, think this suits him much more

I think Kingsbury is going to suck.

And I’ve always enjoyed the guy at Texas Tech.

I just don’t see him being successful in the NFL.

Arians and Bowles? Yup. Those are good hires.

I had no idea Klingsbury hung Mayfield out to dry like that. Talk about your all time backfires.

Agree with ATS. If Tampa can draft some good defensive players in what is a good defensive draft, they could be competitive. Which could make that division by far the strongest in the NFL if Cam's shoulder recovers and the Falcons don't get so injured again.

Bucs will be the sleeper NFC South team.... Again

Bucs will be the sleeper NFC South team.... Again

You're a Panther fan, right? I wouldn't laugh. Arians and Bowles are great hires. If Arians can get more consistency and fewer TOs out of Jameis, they could be tough next year. And the rest of the division is tough. I like Carolina and think they'll be good again. But as a Ravens fan, I can tell you that those years when the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals have all been playoff contenders, it's just so tough to get a bye and play at home. And that's been such an aid for NE in the playoffs every year to get 5-6 easy division wins. And next year, the NFC in general looks to be way more loaded with good teams than the AFC - because the entire NFCS, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikes, Bears, Packers, Rams, Seahawks and maybe even the 49ers could make a good case for being a playoff contender.

I do hate the Arians/Bowles combo going to the Bucs

meh, Panthers killed Arians in the NFCCG. as buckets said, another 3-4 years of the Bucs being the sleeper pick, time will tell if they actually make the leap or just remain as such

Arians was a good head coach with Andrew Luck and a non yet over-the-hill Carson Palmer as his QBs. Is there evidence that he is some sort of genius in working with QBs who aren't already pretty good?

Not sure why we should expect him to be some sort of Winston-whisperer.

The Bucs are like a horse that race after race closes a lot of ground to get place or show but never wins. The horse suckers people to bet on him the next race just like the Bucs being the "it" team year after year.

Arians was a good head coach with Andrew Luck and a non yet over-the-hill Carson Palmer as his QBs. Is there evidence that he is some sort of genius in working with QBs who aren't already pretty good?

Not sure why we should expect him to be some sort of Winston-whisperer.

correct

Back