• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Lord the Jets drafted some quality QB's over the years:

2000 - Chad Pennington
2003 - Brooks Bollinger
2006 - Kellen Clemmens
2008 - Erik Ainge
2009 - Mark Sanchez
2011 - Greg McElroy
2013 - Geno Smith
2014 - Tajh Boyd
2015 - Bryce Petty
2016 - Christian Hackenberg

Scott Frost before that, right? (not as a qb; Ahman Green and Hines Ward were on the board)

seanxsolo-if-football-didnt-exist-this-would-be-a-way-27099035.png

Like almost every other division has like at least 3 during that time period:

AFC North:
Ben
Flacco
Carson Palmer

AFC South:
Manning
McNair
(maybe Brunell, but he was pretty washed by the time Brady started)

AFC West:
Manning
Rivers
Carr (still young, might be kinda projecting out here)

NFC East:
Romo
Eli
McNabb

NFC North:
Rodgers
Stafford
(maybe Culpepper, but I'd side no)

NFC South:
Brees
Cam
Ryan
Vick?

NFC West:
Wilson
Warner
Hasselbeck

Just spitballing. Some of those might be debateable / might've forgotten some guys.

Last edited:
I'd definitely add Vick. I'd add Brees to the AFC West for his time with the Chargers. Rich Gannon was quite good for the Raiders when Brady started. I'd add Kaep for the NFC West.

Kaep's window was too short for me. Thinking about it more, Vick is a pretty sure yes.

Kaep's window was too short for me. Thinking about it more, Vick is a pretty sure yes.

That's fair. I guess you would leave Gannon off too. Putting Romo on the original list opens it up to a lot of bums.

Wat

Romo is absolutely a yes.

The criteria really ain't too high. It's really longevity and being slightly above average in aggregate.

Yeah, he's a good one. I'd probably be OK including him.

Wat

Romo is absolutely a yes.

The criteria really ain't too high. It's really longevity and being slightly above average in aggregate.

So how about Jake Delhomme?

Ha, you guys are the Panthers fans. He didn't feel like a top-half-ish QB in aggregate for a solid 7, 8-year stretch, but I could be wrong.

A huge part of the Pats run is getting to play in that absolute dog shit division

And -- especially in the back half of their run -- the conference hasn't been much better

for the AFC West, I'd take Manning out (he was not an elite qb for a sustained period in Denver) unless you also want to add Favre in Green Bay

Trent Green and Alex Smith both went to multiple Pro Bowls for KC

Peyton had 37+ TDS three of his four years in Denver :shrug:

Peyton had 37+ TDS three of his four years in Denver :shrug:

3 years seems to be too short for the window, according to the criteria; and if it's not, I would think Favre 2001-2004,2007 (particularly the first 3 years) should make the list

Ha, yeah, I understand Peyton's run was short in Denver, but if you combine a couple years of Jay Cutler, a couple years of Kyle Orton, some Tebow Mania, and Peyton's first 3 years, in aggregate it's pretty good! Certainly not precise criteria here.

Favre completely slipped my mind somehow.

I mean, for purposes of this exercise, I think the question is: which NFL quarterbacks have been demonstrably better than the shit salads trotted out by the Bills/Jets/Dolphins over the past 18 years?

and Denver's aggregated qbs pass the test, as do KC's

Ha, you guys are the Panthers fans. He didn't feel like a top-half-ish QB in aggregate for a solid 7, 8-year stretch, but I could be wrong.

He had a good six year stretch then fell off. Super Bowl, Pro Bowl. He was a consistent QB. Panthers fans loved him.

Alex Smith should be on that list for the Chiefs.

Back