• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Jesus, why are you single covering Jones? Schwartz's head is up his ass.

Imagine how good Julio would be with a legit QB.

What a load of crap call!!!!

The Atlanta guy pushed off.

Matty Ice
*Stugotz beep*
Least-fitting nickname in sports

Hicks is smarter than that. Guy was headed into triple coverage even if the pass wasn't 10 yds OB.

And Eagles hang on to beat the Falcons.

Now for the rest of the league.

Jesus, why are you single covering Jones? Schwartz's head is up his ass.

Apparently, the way to stop the Falcons is to let them get to the red zone (esp if they have to pass).

You guys will get a Pro Bowler back in a couple weeks

Imagine how good Julio would be with a legit QB.

First point: Matt Ryan is fine. Dude was MVP two years ago. He'll never get back to that level again, but most of the problems are elsewhere.
Second point: With another QB, Jones might not get 19 targets a game. It is comical how Ryan only looks to Jones... But the rest of the receivers are trash, so I get it.

All in all, that was a brutal game. The NFL is only good for gambling (Eagles +1 at home? Thank you) and Fantasy Football (which is also gambling).

First point: Matt Ryan is fine. Dude was MVP two years ago. He'll never get back to that level again, but most of the problems are elsewhere.
Second point: With another QB, Jones might not get 19 targets a game. It is comical how Ryan only looks to Jones... But the rest of the receivers are trash, so I get it.

All in all, that was a brutal game. The NFL is only good for gambling (Eagles +1 at home? Thank you) and Fantasy Football (which is also gambling).
Ugh, I have to disagree. Ryan's throws had no zip on them and were all over the place. I don't know if he's hurt or just in a pretty bad decline. I'm gonna go with the latter.

I can't believe you people stayed up and watched that whole game. Masochists.

Ugh, I have to disagree. Ryan's throws had no zip on them and were all over the place. I don't know if he's hurt or just in a pretty bad decline. I'm gonna go with the latter.

I fell asleep at halftime. Didn't see that in the 1st half, but will take your word for it.

I like Matt Ryan a lot, so maybe I am just a bit blind to his decline. Big time name dropping / jock sniffing here, but I run into Matt quite a bit, as he lives close by. Have played golf with him a couple of times, as well. Great guy.

As an aside, why did they go away from Freeman? He looked great on the first drive... Very quick/elusive. Then just 6 carries for the game? I saw he hurt his knee near the end, but you've got to get that guy the ball more. Tevin Coleman looked slow... Much slower than I remember.

The Falcons offense is broken.

I fell asleep at halftime. Didn't see that in the 1st half, but will take your word for it.

I like Matt Ryan a lot, so maybe I am just a bit blind to his decline. Big time name dropping / jock sniffing here, but I run into Matt quite a bit, as he lives close by. Have played golf with him a couple of times, as well. Great guy.

As an aside, why did they go away from Freeman? He looked great on the first drive... Very quick/elusive. Then just 6 carries for the game? I saw he hurt his knee near the end, but you've got to get that guy the ball more. Tevin Coleman looked slow... Much slower than I remember.

You should ask your buddy, Matt, about it.

I fell asleep at half too. Watched most of the 2nd half replay on NFLN over breakfast. Freeman was gimpy and didn't play late. This was the highest flying offense 2 years ago, so I drafted Ryan and Freeman in 1 of my leagues last year. But they were pitiful in the redzone all season and didn't run it enough. Same problem last night. Horrific in the redzone. Given that they largely have the same personnel on O that they had 2 years ago, and that the only major change was going from Shanahan to Sarkisian, I'm gonna guess Sarkisian is the problem. Look for him to go back to college after the season.

Back