• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

They got rid of three solid QBs to overpay one overrated QB.

Overpaying for Cousins doesn't look so bad when you have milquetoast Alex Smith, off-the-street Dirty Sanchez, and fantasy all-star Josh Johnson.

Sorry, my intent was more than six games. I did say that originally. (only thing I edited was a then to a than)

That was my throwaway comment, that I'm happy to turn into a bet. DAL or HOU has to win 7 games for you to win.

And I'm in Raleigh now, but were back all the time since our families are there, so it would be easy to pay out.

So its up to you. 7 wins = You win. 6 wins = I win.

Thought I read "won't win 6 games", but I'm probably wrong, so fair enough.

Bet on. I'll take either the Cowboys or Texans win 7 or more games.

6 pack. not to exceed 12 dollars pre-tax (the DeacMan clause)

Deal?

tenor.gif

Both teams could very easily end up with double digit wins...

In honor of Texas and their professional football teams

I'll take a 6 pack of Shiner Holiday Cheer, please.

Happy Holidays!

The Ravens hold the final spot in the AFC at 7-6. There's bound to be several playoff teams with mediocre looking records because of the parity this year: the worst teams (Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders) have still mustered 3 wins & the best teams (Chiefs, Rams, Saints) are all sporting a couple of losses with three weeks left to play.

The 49ers currently hold the #1 pick and I think they'd be one of the better teams with the #1 pick in a long time. Rare is it that I feel like the team with the #1 pick has a good coach

DeFilippo fired

From the "next" McVay to fired within one season

Thanks, Kirk Cousins - who is 4-24 against teams with a winning record

DeFilippo fired

From the "next" McVay to fired within one season

Thanks, Kirk Cousins - who is 4-24 against teams with a winning record

That offense is loaded on paper. I think they have had a couple injuries on the OL, but they've seriously under performed. I'm blaming DeFilippo before I'm blaming Cousins. Let's see what they look like the next 3 games.

I need help.

I grew up in Chicago and became a Bear fan in 1958. I enjoyed the success of the early years (NFL championship) and the accent on defense. Over the following years I tired of the lack of offense and the mismanagement and tried to swear off as a fan. Ditka and the Superbowl win drew me back in. Then years of inept offense and inept management allowed me freedom from the Bears and the NFL. Even Lovey Smith and a Superbowl appearance couldn't bring me back. But the accolades accorded this years defense and this year's success have drawn me back in. I've watched the last three games despite the fact the QB is a damn Carolina grad. I enjoyed considering the Bears and the NFL irrelevant. Given the past 8+ years of Wake BB irrelevance might be a good course of action as well.

However, first things first. As Wake Forest fans, I imagine some of you have been able to overcome the sickening feeling of being drawn back into interest of an activity that only leads to disappointment. As football fans you should be able to make a solid argument to stay away from the Bears. Your help is appreciated.

Be advised, I am a damn die hard Cub fan and still a die hard Deac fan. Stay focused. First things first...the Bears.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I need help.

I grew up in Chicago and became a Bear fan in 1958. I enjoyed the success of the early years (NFL championship) and the accent on defense. Over the following years I tired of the lack of offense and the mismanagement and tried to swear off as a fan. Ditka and the Superbowl win drew me back in. Then years of inept offense and inept management allowed me freedom from the Bears and the NFL. Even Lovey Smith and a Superbowl appearance couldn't bring me back. But the accolades accorded this years defense and this year's success have drawn me back in. I've watched the last three games despite the fact the QB is a damn Carolina grad. I enjoyed considering the Bears and the NFL irrelevant. Given the past 8+ years of Wake BB irrelevance might be a good course of action as well.

However, first things first. As Wake Forest fans, I imagine some of you have been able to overcome the sickening feeling of being drawn back into interest of an activity that only leads to disappointment. As football fans you should be able to make a solid argument to stay away from the Bears. Your help is appreciated.

Be advised, I am a damn die hard Cub fan and still a die hard Deac fan. Stay focused. First things first...the Bears.

Thanks.

It's da Bears.

Carson Wentz is out this week against the Rams. Feel like the Eagles season ended in OT in Dallas; think the Rams/Eagles game will get ugly.

the volatility of the NFL is pretty crazy

pretty impressive what teams like the Patriots and Steelers have been able to do for so long, even if they play in the easy AFC

the volatility of the NFL is pretty crazy

pretty impressive what teams like the Patriots and Steelers have been able to do for so long, even if they play in the easy AFC

this guy gets it

the pats division is like getting to play in the ACC coastal

Carson Wentz is out this week against the Rams. Feel like the Eagles season ended in OT in Dallas; think the Rams/Eagles game will get ugly.

With that loss, Eagles are two games+ behind in the NFC East and need help for a wild card spot.

Wait, are you people saying that playing a bunch of games against weak opponents makes it easy to put up a gaudy record and make the playoffs ? Is that what is being said here ?

What. The. Fuck.

And a corroborating report...

Chargers are at the Chiefs tonight. Chiefs get Eric Berry back after he missed over a year with injuries. He will be on limited snap count. Still a big morale boost for Chiefs.

Overpaying for Cousins doesn't look so bad when you have milquetoast Alex Smith, off-the-street Dirty Sanchez, and fantasy all-star Josh Johnson.

milquetoast? WTF? Cousins is and was milquetoast. Alex Smith is a badass stud. He knew he was going to get traded last year, but he played his ass of for the Chiefs. He was doing the same for the Redskins when he was Theismanned. Go fuck yourself.

Pretty sure Alex Smith is still in the hospital dealing with an infection that occurred after surgery. There is a chance he may lose his leg. Is he posting pithy bs on twitter or on instagram? Fuck no. He's chewing on some rawhide trying to save his leg so he can continue to walk. If that first part happens, he will immediately turn to trying to get healthy so he can go out there and try and win football games. I would bet money your life is way more fucking milquetoast than Alex Smith asshole.

Fucking redskins fans blow so hard. Idiots like you are probably blaming his infection on Smith for not wearing cleaner socks when his bone poked through his skin.

Chargers are at the Chiefs tonight. Chiefs get Eric Berry back after he missed over a year with injuries. He will be on limited snap count. Still a big morale boost for Chiefs.

Eric Berry is like a coach on the field, a QB on defense. The Chiefs D fell off dramatically when he got injured, and I would not be surprised if it got better as long as Berry is on the field. This guy knows football and makes those around him better.

Back