• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I try to avoid the topic of Atlanta Falcons football... Especially on the golf course.

Besides, I'm a Jets fan.

Ugh. You’re still a Wake fan though.

God I love the AFC East. Jets and Bills might be the two worst teams in the league, and the Dolphins aren't far behind.

2018 NFL season thread. We start with Birds

The Eagles really need a fast, fast WR. It's weird they haven't been able get one since running off Desean Jackson and Macklin.

Eagles are, generally, just not known for speed. They are faster than a seagull or something but they not really all that fast.

Last edited:
God I love the AFC East. Jets and Bills might be the two worst teams in the league, and the Dolphins aren't far behind.

It’s absurd how easy that division has been for all of Brady’s career. Outside of the Jets ten years ago no team has really threatened to be decent.

I agree it’s the play calling above anything else, just pitiful. Also doesn’t help that all options are Julio either by design or Ryan, like on the last series he threw to a double covered Julio as Sanu came open on the quick slant across the middle, wide fucking open because Julio pulled two defenders.

It’s absurd how easy that division has been for all of Brady’s career. Outside of the Jets ten years ago no team has really threatened to be decent.
I was thinking about it the other day. There hasn't been another legit franchise QB in the division besides Brady since Marino retired. Like I'm not talking top 5 in the league good, just a good, steady franchise guy.

Well, besides Jimmy G.

"good, steady franchise guy"

Mark Sanchez is certainly not that. Neither is Tannehill.

I mean they went to 2 straight championship games, seems like that is signs of a franchise guy. Yeah, he fell off a cliff, but for a short window, they looked to be headed in the right direction

The steadiness/consistency of the Brady/Belichek Pats coupled with the exact opposite from all the other teams in the division is how you get 8 SB appearances and 5 wins. Six easy games a year really helps in getting homefield during the playoffs, which is really the most important thing when trying to reach a SB. Depends on who you ask as to which is more important to the sustained success of the Pats.

That’s a great discussion. Top 5 AFC East QBs during Brady’s career.

Imagine if the Dolphins hadn’t balked on Brees.

The Falcons can think of it this way. In the playoffs, they had a chance to win and the pass went through Julio's hands. Last night, they had a chance to win and he caught the ball out of bounds. The logical next progression is that he will catch the pass for the win.

I mean they went to 2 straight championship games, seems like that is signs of a franchise guy. Yeah, he fell off a cliff, but for a short window, they looked to be headed in the right direction
I'm talking about guys who in aggregate over 7-8 years were ranked in like the 6 - 15 range. A Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Eli Manning type. Hasn't been one in 20 years.

That’s a great discussion. Top 5 AFC East QBs during Brady’s career.

Imagine if the Dolphins hadn’t balked on Brees.

I like Josh Allen in terms of potential. Trouble is the Bills have the worst OL in the league and are throwing Peterman to the wolves for the moment. Best Bills QB during Brady was probably the combo of Rob Johnson and Flutie. Chad Pennington was good for the Jets, but he had a noodle arm and his last couple of years resembled Peyton Manning's last couple of years in terms of lack of arm strength. And Darnold now looks like he might be legit. The sad thing for Dolphins fans is Tannehill is easily the best QB they've had since Marino.

Flutie didn't play against Brady with the Bills.

I'm talking about guys who in aggregate over 7-8 years were ranked in like the 6 - 15 range. A Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Eli Manning type. Hasn't been one in 20 years.

I just fact checked this.

(which means I went to wikipedia and looked up all of the starting QBs for these franchises over the period)

He's right.

I'm a Jets guy and I liked Pennington, but that's a stretch... And it was also 2002-07 (a long time ago). I blame myself for the injury that basically ruined his career... I bought my first ever NFL jersey (Chad Pennington!) the day before he got hurt. Jinxed him.
Buffalo had 3 years of a washed up Bledsoe and 4 years of a younger and even more mediocre Fitzpatrick. Tyrod Taylor didn't suck the last two years, but they never really committed to him.
Miami has been dogshit at QB since Marino. I mean Jay fuckin' Fiedler (for the better part of 5 years)!?!

Jets had Favre for that one year, before he got hurt

Sanchez was trash, masked by a strong defense and upper level running game

JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Jay Fiedler...there are some gems.

Lord the Jets drafted some quality QB's over the years:

2000 - Chad Pennington
2003 - Brooks Bollinger
2006 - Kellen Clemmens
2008 - Erik Ainge
2009 - Mark Sanchez
2011 - Greg McElroy
2013 - Geno Smith
2014 - Tajh Boyd
2015 - Bryce Petty
2016 - Christian Hackenberg

Back