• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I mean, for purposes of this exercise, I think the question is: which NFL quarterbacks have been demonstrably better than the shit salads trotted out by the Bills/Jets/Dolphins over the past 18 years?

and Denver's aggregated qbs pass the test, as do KC's
I agree Denver's aggregated QBs definitely make it. I just wrote Manning.

And I agree Alex Smith probably deserves a spot.

I fell asleep at halftime. Didn't see that in the 1st half, but will take your word for it.

I like Matt Ryan a lot, so maybe I am just a bit blind to his decline. Big time name dropping / jock sniffing here, but I run into Matt quite a bit, as he lives close by. Have played golf with him a couple of times, as well. Great guy.

As an aside, why did they go away from Freeman? He looked great on the first drive... Very quick/elusive. Then just 6 carries for the game? I saw he hurt his knee near the end, but you've got to get that guy the ball more. Tevin Coleman looked slow... Much slower than I remember.

The Falcons offense is broken.

I hate guys that name drop. You'll never catch me doing it I can tell you that

I mean the only team with worse QB play over the last 20 years other than the three AFC East teams has to be the Browns. The Bucs have also had sneaky bad QBs for their entire existence. Honorable mentions: Jags, Washington.

Good post. Makes me feel good that the Panthers have had two legit QBs in the same time the Jags have had none.

Pulling a jaybone and posting from my memory but I feel like Mark Brunell had 2-3 solid years with the Jags. Kind of a homeless man’s Steve Young.

Yeah, I liked Brunell and I agree with the comparison. Steve Young is one of my all-time favorite QBs. But that's not long enough for Ayo's standard.

Started 7 years and made 3 pro bowls. I say HE’S IN. Don’t @ me ayo.

I wasn’t sure if Brunell really overlapped. He was a bit before my time so I figured his prime predated Brady by a few years.

I mean the only team with worse QB play over the last 20 years other than the three AFC East teams has to be the Browns. The Bucs have also had sneaky bad QBs for their entire existence. Honorable mentions: Jags, Washington.

What about the Bears? Cutler was there a while but he stunk the whole time. They got like 1 or 2 semi-decent years from Orton and Sexy Rexy, but their QB play has generally been awful.

I wasn’t sure if Brunell really overlapped. He was a bit before my time so I figured his prime predated Brady by a few years.

OOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSS forgot about the time requirements. Yeah his best years were pre-Brady.

Yeah, Brunell's best years were before Brady, so that's why I wouldn't include him. He'd for sure be on if his years aligned more.

The Browns def beat everyone in this discussion. I'd have to think more about it but shooting from the hip, I'd go something like:

Browns
Jags
Jets
Bucs
Bills
Bears
Skins

I think...

Don’t forget the Dolphins.

Whoops, forgot Miami. They belong like 4th or 5th on that list.

Under. They will stop throwing it if he gets to 2.

Is there no RedZone pregame show this year? Or did Comcast screw up my order last week?

Back