• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Sure. But this is why it's not a good trade even if he works out for the Cowboys. He played well for half a season for them, and now he wants elite money when he has a track record (at Raiders) for inconsistency. If Cowboys pay Amari and Dak, it will be hard for them to put players around them. And now the Cowboys don't get 4-5 years of 1st round talent at rookie contract rates. It puts them behind everyone else. I don't mind the Cowboys being terrible, but there was no situation where this was a good trade for them.

I can’t believe people still pretend NFL contract figures matter. Every team ends up comfortably under the cap after restructuring a couple deals every season. Cap continues to massively increase every year. Worthless pseudo nerd talk

Sure. But this is why it's not a good trade even if he works out for the Cowboys. He played well for half a season for them, and now he wants elite money when he has a track record (at Raiders) for inconsistency. If Cowboys pay Amari and Dak, it will be hard for them to put players around them. And now the Cowboys don't get 4-5 years of 1st round talent at rookie contract rates. It puts them behind everyone else. I don't mind the Cowboys being terrible, but there was no situation where this was a good trade for them.

I'm agreeing with you.

I can’t believe people still pretend NFL contract figures matter. Every team ends up comfortably under the cap after restructuring a couple deals every season. Cap continues to massively increase every year. Worthless pseudo nerd talk

giphy.gif

Back