• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Buddy Teevens transformed football forever

Interesting article. Would like to see Wake staff incorporate more of that, especially the detailed film breakdown of tackling and how it is actually done in games.

The moving robot tackling dummy would be a great addition to Wake's "staff."

FWIW, Buddy Teevens coached Tulane for 5 years and had a collective record of 11-45. Four of his 5 seasons at Tulane, his teams had a record of 2-9 or worse. Then, Teevens got the Stanford job, and went 10-23 in three seasons there, before getting the ax.

FWIW, Buddy Teevens coached Tulane for 5 years and had a collective record of 11-45. Four of his 5 seasons at Tulane, his teams had a record of 2-9 or worse. Then, Teevens got the Stanford job, and went 10-23 in three seasons there, before getting the ax.

Winning football involves a whole lot more than technique. However, I think other coaches could learn something from his teaching tackling technique.

Also a mobile robot tackling dummy would be awesome.

And turned into a winner with one change in tactics.

We just need to find a way to make this apply to basketball.

Bob -

Have always loved those Dartmouth helmets. Did Teevens play for Blackmon ?

AIR, Blackmon left Dartmouth to takeover Illinois.

Buddy Teevens just hired the first known female full-time coach in Division I football.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...ew-assistant-1st-known-woman-coach-division-i

Dartmouth announced the hiring Tuesday of Callie Brownson as its offensive quality-control coach. According to the Ivy League school's news release, Brownson is the first known female full-time coach in Division I football.

Brownson's football background, according to Dartmouth, includes eight seasons as a free safety and running back with the D.C. Divas of the Women's Football Alliance and two gold-medal-winning appearances with Team USA Women's Football.

Coach Teevens passed away during the past college football season after suffering serious injuries in a bicycle accident last summer.

He left his mark on the game by his achievements as a Dartmouth player and coach, as an organizer of the Manning Passing Academy and as an innovator in coaching and practice methods.

He was also a winner-he won an Ivy title as a player and five as a coach (plus one in 2023 that Dartmouth won with his players after he died).

Last edited:
Back