• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

Sounds like the Navy game in Annapolis I sat through several years ago. Every once in a while I will re-live that moment by sitting in the shower with all my clothes on.

man, that game. my wife's raincoat got soaked all the way through. but since it happened right around kickoff we said fuck it and stayed.

I was there. Waterfalls down the steps. Ugh.

Then we lost!

Our projected Amtrak train (Wednesday evening, Crescent) from Union Station was cancelled a couple of hours ago because of the weather. There is no train alternative.

In 2005, Miami was supposed to play at Groves on a Thursday night. It got moved to Saturday because of a hurricane. It was the only home game I missed from '92-'11. I had made out of town plans that weekend with friends that I couldn't break.

Didn't miss much. Would've never guessed what was to come the next season

I think the ACC will factor in the disaster that occurred when both UNC and NCSU played home games with Hurricane Matthew on top of us two years ago (don't recall if Duke was at home or not) and err on the side of caution if it comes down to a judgment call; i.e. they won't need "indisputable evidence" of a iffy forecast to pull the plug.

Duke was at home too.

There weren't any issues getting to those games right? Just ugly football

In 2005, Miami was supposed to play at Groves on a Thursday night. It got moved to Saturday because of a hurricane. It was the only home game I missed from '92-'11. I had made out of town plans that weekend with friends that I couldn't break.

Didn't miss much. Would've never guessed what was to come the next season

IIRC, we kept the game respectable through most of the 2nd quarter and then Miami scored three or four straight TDs before the half and totally let the air out of Groves.

Edit, the internet is a wonderful thing:
The Demon Deacons (4-7, 3-5) completed their third straight losing
season with an inspired effort, taking a 17-14 lead late in the
second quarter on a 7-yard run by Chris Barclay.

Wright responded on the third play of the ensuing possession
with his first TD toss, waiting patiently in the pocket for
Sinorice Moss to break open in the middle of Wake Forest's zone.

The pass led Moss perfectly and he outran the secondary untouched
for a 64-yard score to give the Hurricanes the lead for good, even
though Jon Peattie's extra-point bounced off the left upright.

"Athlete-wise, across the board, we definitely had the
advantage, and that showed," Wright said. "It really came down to
athletes -- they're good and tough, and they played hard. But our
guys handled them up front, and our wide receivers made the
plays."

An interception by Kelly Jennings -- the first of six turnovers
for the Deacons -- set up Miami again, and Wright needed four plays
to drive his team 28 yards. A wide receiver screen to Darnell
Jenkins covered the final 11 and made it 27-17.

Barclay fumbled on the first play following the kickoff and
Wright connected with Ryan Moore for a 15-yard touchdown to
complete the scoring binge, giving the Hurricanes a 34-17 halftime
lead. Each of those three scoring drives took less than 60 seconds.

Duke was at home too.

There weren't any issues getting to those games right? Just ugly football

And I think Wake was the only team of the big four to win that day.

Edit: State and Duke won, but Wake scored more points than the other three combined that day.

Last edited:
Nah, State and Duke won. Can't recall who we played.

EDIT: it was Syracuse

0% Saturday (still shitty here)
0% Wednesday (no way they could pull it off, even if they wanted to)
I can’t imagine they’d make us go up to BC last minute - logistics alone would be impossible (setting aside the competitive disdvantage). Getting our entire team anywhere last minute (even to a neutral site) would be difficult.

Seems like the reschedule option Les has floated is the least worst idea.

Two years ago, the UF-LSU game was cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew. It was scheduled to be in Gainesville and both teams ended up buying out FCS opponents and playing the game in Baton Rouge in November after LSU balked about canceling a home game.

I don’t see why we can’t swap home games. In Clawson’s 4 years, he is 2-2 against BC with the road team winning each game.

IIRC, we kept the game respectable through most of the 2nd quarter and then Miami scored three or four straight TDs before the half and totally let the air out of Groves.

Edit, the internet is a wonderful thing:

Pilch, you remember that game?

Marshall last came to Columbia in 1998, leaving with a 24-21 win over the Gamecocks. A year later, Hamrick, then East Carolina’s AD, saw the Pirates beat USC at Williams-Brice. Effects of Hurricane Floyd then forced ECU to stick around the Midlands.

“The hurricane was so devastating in eastern North Carolina that our football team could not get back to campus,” Hamrick said. “We stayed in Columbia all week and practiced and then we drove to Raleigh, North Carolina, because our stadium at East Carolina was flooded – no power, no water.

“N.C. State let us use their stadium. We played Miami of Florida and beat them in Raleigh in front of 50,000 people.

I forgot about that ECU game in Raleigh after Floyd. Was pretty epic.

7:30 on Thursday...or Kojak can forfeit

Some of you have poor memories. Granted, being a Wake fan usually leads to drinking heavily which tends to negatively impact memory.

Two years ago, the UF-LSU game was cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew. It was scheduled to be in Gainesville and both teams ended up buying out FCS opponents and playing the game in Baton Rouge in November after LSU balked about canceling a home game.

I don’t see why we can’t swap home games. In Clawson’s 4 years, he is 2-2 against BC with the road team winning each game.

LSU balked about playing 3 straight road games even though they should have played in the Swamp

not sure the logistics would support playing the game in Boston vs. Winston by the time we are sure that we can't play in Winston

Why wouldn't wednesday night be an option if they made the call today?

That's really not enough time to prepare for a football game without knowing more than 48 hours in advance of the change in gametime.

Back