• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

State cancelled university operations from Wed at 5 pm through Friday.

good news that we all agree it's starting to head east a bit, glad to hear we're on the same page, we all knew the line would be 4 ....

Latest model moves track a bit more north

Only model that shows that is the GFS which is notoriously inaccurate with tropical systems. It actually shows it hitting Greenville then backing off the coast, doing a loop de loop and then heading back to come ashore in Wilmington on Friday-Saturday period. Now it could be lucky and get one right but I wouldn't count on it. Most weather news forecasters always just use what it says however even though it has a poor verification score , but the EUROPEAN model beats it 9 times out of ten and it still shows a much more southern track in between Myrtle Beach and Wilmington. None of the models are always right so we will just have to wait and see.

Has the predicted time of landfall changed?

The last I heard is 2pm Thursday here in Wilmington. Gonna suck for sure. Folks need to remember there are still a lot of poor white and black folks living in trailers and shacks in eastern North and South Carolina. If it is category 4 a lot of people will be in real trouble.

And we could have another ecological disaster from all the hog farms. We all don't needed their pig ecrement retention ponds to get flooded.

Guys, it’s gonna jump the App mountains and make landfall in Tennessee. We’re good.

The last I heard is 2pm Thursday here in Wilmington. Gonna suck for sure. Folks need to remember there are still a lot of poor white and black folks living in trailers and shacks in eastern North and South Carolina. If it is category 4 a lot of people will be in real trouble.

And we could have another ecological disaster from all the hog farms. We all don't needed their pig ecrement retention ponds to get flooded.

Thanks.

Good reminders. Sobering thoughts.

The bugs from the Floyd flooding seemed to last for a good 18 months after the landfall. OMG it was a mess.

I'm upstream. But your point stands.

Back