• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

Given that there are six ACC games scheduled to be played in SC, NC and VA this weekend, it seems like Swafford may need to look at the big picture.

What are the issues with rescheduling to 12/1 and moving the ACC Championship game back a week? Panthers are playing on Monday night the next week.

Boston College

Move our game vs FSU up one week and then play BC that weekend.

We may slide into a pre-storm window while the weekend games are a mess.

There might be pressure to cancel a game when UNC is cancelling class Weds and NCSU Thurs.

I think we're good folks. I took my dog out for a walk this morning in Brooklyn and he is not freaking out and as most of you know, Sinjin is the ultimate hurricane whisperer. Yes, it would help if the govt had taken up my offer of flying us both first class into Myrtle Beach and let us take a walk there, but still, we're good for Thursday.

AJ Dillon seems more unstoppable than this rush to cancel a game time that will have okay weather.

Yeah looks like we will get this game in. BC can get back up to Boston safely after the game.

Given that there are six ACC games scheduled to be played in SC, NC and VA this weekend, it seems like Swafford may need to look at the big picture.

What are the issues with rescheduling to 12/1 and moving the ACC Championship game back a week? Panthers are playing on Monday night the next week.

The issue would be with the College Football Playoff committee. They require all of the championship games to be completed by the first weekend in December so they can set the New Year's 6 lineup, and the rest of the bowls can set their lineups after that. With bowl games starting on Dec. 15th, that doesn't leave much time as it is.

I'm hearing through the grape vine that a decision will be made by noon today.

My gut is that the game will be postponed.

I'm hearing through the grape vine that a decision will be made by noon today.

My gut is that the game will be postponed.

Like has been stated prior, the forecast is actually looking better for Thursday than it did, will be interesting to see what they decide.

Can not believe there has been nothing from Ron. Arrangements have to be made.

I am hearing from sources inside my brain that BC wants to cancel the game cause they are scared of facing Greg Dortch. There is only so much devastation they can witness in one week.

But in all seriousness, a 5 PM game on Thursday would be sweet.

I see slim to none chances that the AD of BC and Addazio want to be responsible for flying in 70-80+ young men into the possible teeth of a storm that is being advertised as the biggest hurricane to hit the east coast in HISTORY and looking like potential for Cat 5 (already a high 4) that is unpredictable and no telling how quickly or which way it could go? 10-30 years ago I could see it, but given the recent failure of certain programs to do the best for the student athletes there is just WAY too much downside for their program to try and force a game. Way too many variables and good chance much of NC shutting down for a couple days depending on how it unfolds plus you have much of the coast evacuating and BC has to tell parents they are sending their sons into a monster storm that many are fleeing??? That goes real well. Granted the evacuation is mostly coastal, but would be a horrible look if things do go south for inland NC as well.

Just can't see Thursday happening.

Back