• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

"Byard said FEMA expected power outages, infrastructure damage and potential loss of life."

"So Mr. Addazio could you kindly explain why you are flying my son into the current targeted or near targeted path of this monster for a FB game?????"

Ron's probably not too worried about it, he survived Hurricane Bzzzz, so why would he fear Florence?

"Byard said FEMA expected power outages, infrastructure damage and potential loss of life."

"So Mr. Addazio could you kindly explain why you are flying my son into the current targeted or near targeted path of this monster for a FB game?????"

He's got a team full of "dudes" though.

Way too many variables and good chance much of NC shutting down for a couple days depending on how it unfolds plus you have much of the coast evacuating

IMO this will be a huge contributing factor to the decision. Even though the storm may arrive later, with the State of Emergency Declaration, Emergency Services are being mobilized for deployment and preparing for whatever the storm may bring. It may not seem like it, but each game requires a large presence by the local police, ems, etc.

The current forecast has storm 200 miles off coast at 8 pm Thursday. No need to delay the game Thursday night. If the foretasted path hold, the Saturday games will be washed out.

I don't think any forecast model shows dangerous conditions approaching Winston-Salem until after Friday morning.

With that said, with the Wake A.D. involved... all bets are off.

coaches doing the right thing and preparing full steam ahead until told otherwise

my #hottake is that the conditions will turn out fine Thursday night into Friday morning in Winston (meaning fans and BC could have all gotten home safely), but that the game will be called before then due to an abundance of caution

I wouldn't expect otherwise until they hear something specific.

There's something icky about a corporate logo plastered on a tweet of a student-athlete quote by a university twitter account. And yes, I recognize the student-athlete is standing in front of corporate logos interspersed with the university logo.

Looking at the latest projections, it definitely seems like we can get the game in. Maybe we could move the game up and hour or two, but that makes more sense than moving it. The weekend games probably should be cancelled though.

Last edited:
Have heard from a reliable source with close connections to the FB team sports medicine staff that Scottie may need surgery and a long rehab period.

Have heard from a reliable source with close connections to the FB team sports medicine staff that Scottie may need surgery and a long rehab period.

Figures. I mean it's a great thing we've got depth at a lot of positions, but the more we have to use it the thinner it gets.

Back