• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

I’m not sold on their QB Brown yet. Think we can turn him over a good bit. Think we might be okay stopping the run but BCs line and Dillon is a different monster.

I think we will need a 3rd/4th receiver to come alive.

Agreed. I anticipate we'll be stacking the box to try and slow Dillon as much as we can, and forcing them to throw. While our secondary has not been good, if Henderson and Glenn are healthy we're a different defense. I expect a close game where 1 or 2 plays are the difference.

We have 3 very "alive" receivers right now, and when Washington comes back we'll have an elite unit. We have the luxury of bringing some of our young skill guys along slowly this year, like Beal, Roberson, and Jones.

Last year we were one of the best teams in turnover margin wouldn't that be note character and the last two games anomalies? Like you saying something positive

I expect low scoring ground and pound and short passes from both teams. Score something like 24-21

I expect low scoring ground and pound and short passes from both teams. Score something like 24-21

I expect us to go to the air early and often. It’s going to be something like 41-38.

And I don't think it would be out of character for a freshman to come into is own and stop turning the ball over. Those were his first two games that doesn't make it character.

Good point.

The kid has been so fun to watch and glad we have him and agree with you that we hope that the OLine which hasn’t been able to block anyone this year and keeps adding more injuries plays out of character and helps the kid not throw into trouble this year.

I think we’re on the same page.

We all know that spread is typically the difference in the Sagarin points ranking offset by the home field advantage and since BC has 6-7 points more than we do they would be favored by 10 at BC and 4 in Winston.

Oh... well yeah, of course we all know that, I mean, "duh"...

Last year we were one of the best teams in turnover margin wouldn't that be note character and the last two games anomalies? Like you saying something positive

Last year means nothing because we have different players this year.

Last year we were able to tackle and cover people.

Last year we had the best RPO read quarterback in the country which made for tremendous run-blocking and rushing.

Last year our OLine was healthy and we have had one terrible injury already and other guys banged up.

BC may be really good, but it's very hard to tell as their schedule to date has been atrocious.

BC destroyed Holy Cross (#205 of the 255 D-1 teams) and UMASS(#138). Granted WF's schedule has not been that much harder (Tulane #83 and Towson #174), but WF has played slightly better competition so far. Although the sample size of two games each is not enough to draw conclusions, by margin of victory, BC has played better than WF so far this year, but the difference is not huge. As long as WF avoids TOs (which Clawson was not happy about post-game), the WF/BC game will be decided in the 4th quarter. Very odd how the road teams have dominated in this series (4 straight wins by the road team). Hope that trend ends on Thursday.

Have a feeling that the WF defense will play much better against BC (they will need to).

BC may be really good, but it's very hard to tell as their schedule to date has been atrocious.

BC destroyed Holy Cross (#205 of the 255 D-1 teams) and UMASS(#138). Granted WF's schedule has not been that much harder (Tulane #83 and Towson #174), but WF has played slightly better competition so far. Although the sample size of two games each is not enough to draw conclusions, by margin of victory, BC has played better than WF so far this year, but the difference is not huge. As long as WF avoids TOs (which Clawson was not happy about post-game), the WF/BC game will be decided in the 4th quarter. Very odd how the road teams have dominated in this series (4 straight wins by the road team). Hope that trend ends on Thursday.

Have a feeling that the WF defense will play much better against BC (they will need to).

I agree that we have to play out of character and avoid turnovers or we all agree it’s a 34-17 type loss. Let’s prove em wrong!

Last year we were able to tackle and cover people.

Oh, worrrrrrrrrrrrd?

Which games? When Notre Dame had 710 yards? When Syracuse had 621? When Texas A&M had 614?

This defense has some serious problems. And they're not two-games-old problems.

Oh, worrrrrrrrrrrrd?

Which games? When Notre Dame had 710 yards? When Syracuse had 621? When Texas A&M had 614?

Deaconbd is some weird board troll w this schtick.

Last year deaconbd was still living in his mommy’s basement and still is, as he has for the last 4 decades with his blow up doll.

When you don’t have the mental acuity to make an intelligent take you expose yourself to the entire board by resorting to the personal attacks and name calling.

I sympathize for you and don’t be ashamed to continue to acknowledge that you lack that mental capacity.

Hint ... the more you continue to read my posts the smarter you will get and the more you can dig yourself out of this dreadful place you’ve found yourself.

I speak for everyone here - we know you can get better.

Oh, worrrrrrrrrrrrd?

The games where we did not allow non power five conference teams to run or throw for 200 and 300 yards against us.

The games our secondary caught balls that were thrown directly to them.

54417cbbd6723.image.jpg

Action shot of deaconbd

54417cbbd6723.image.jpg

Action shot of deaconbd

Everyone on this board agrees that all of us are created equal by our God so if you depict yourself as any better than the person you pictured that will not be tolerated. No place for that type bullying on this board because our God loves everyone equally.

The difference is that guy doesn’t try to ridicule you by sharing a picture of you as if he is somehow better than you.

Everyone agrees you can do better and we know there is help for you.

BC opens 5x minus 115 at BOL. Very surprising to me that BC is favored on road. I'm sure that Wake will be bet if Bookmaker opens at that price or anything close. I guess frosh qbs don't get much respect and our defense clearly has holes.

Back