• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

I’m glad to help.

We all know that spread is typically the difference in the Sagarin points ranking offset by the home field advantage and since BC has 6-7 points more than we do they would be favored by 10 at BC and 4 in Winston. If it’s not around 4 then the house thinks they know better and are willing to allow more money on one side than the other.

That part is way too complicated for me so I we all assume it will open at 4.

Let’s play out of character and prove em wrong!

BC opened as a four or five point favorite based on the guidelines I previously provided

Clawson is a sneaky mofo and instructed the D to sandbag.

No need to show all of our cards to Tulane and Towson.

BC scores zero and we light them up for 60.

Bookmaker/Chris opens the line at BC -4. That is the official opener. Good job DeaconBd. Keep in mind that Sagarin is a useful tool, but does not always reflect the official line - particularly in college basketball.

I see the line opened at BC -5 at the VegasInsider site I have bookmarked. Seems about what I'd expect given perceptions of both teams. Hope the Deacs have a chip on their shoulder because of it.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/205027.shtml?mltoa34#contents

205027_most_likely_toa_no_wsp_34.png

Those of us in the eastern part of the state are beginning to get a bit anxious about this one -- that said A LOT can change over the next several days in terms of path and intensity. Would not mind this game getting delayed one bit. Travel to the game could be problematic.

Last edited:
I don’t really understand the narrative that’s abc is a step above us. We won more games last season, beat them at home, and this season all they have done is beat the shit out of two Towson grade teams.

They could just move the game to Ssturday. Weather would be fine by then

I don’t really understand the narrative that’s abc is a step above us. We won more games last season, beat them at home, and this season all they have done is beat the shit out of two Towson grade teams.

Unfortunately we have to play with this years players. Our qb last year took 4 years t figure out how to read the blocks and the defense on the rpo well enough to get our linemen and running game all those accolades while our current qb is still learning.

Also BC is much better than last year.

Our guys have to play out of character and win the turnover battle by 2 or 3 and we have a chance.

Unfortunately we have to play with this years players. Our qb last year took 4 years t figure out how to read the blocks and the defense on the rpo well enough to get our linemen and running game all those accolades while our current qb is still learning.

Also BC is much better than last year.

Our guys have to play out of character and win the turnover battle by 2 or 3 and we have a chance.

Plus the road team has performed better of late in the series

today i learned there are still people on this board that don't have deaconbd on ignore

Based upon tonight's local weather forecast for the Triad, I see no way this game us played. Now projected to slam through Winston on Thursday

Back