• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

'06 BC game is maybe my favorite deacon sporting event that I've attended all time.

I've said it on here before but that was my first ever college football game. Call me sheltered but I was hooked on college football after that. Such a great time.

090119_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Between the projected wind speeds inland, and the influx of people from the east heading into the Piedmont with the state of emergency declared, I'd be surprised if Thursday night happens. This thing will most likely be a monster.

Wonder if they would try and move the game to Boston?

unfortunately that seems like the only answer barring a sudden stall or shift in course

if Florence comes ashore as currently predicted, we'll have tropical storm force winds at game time, deteriorating through Friday, with almost certain loss of power for a widespread area

and the timing really sucks...

Last edited:
Different off weeks. If they don't play this weekend the only other option is December 1 (if neither is playing in the ACC Champ game)

Since every Atlantic hurricane is overhyped in the US, hope they wait a day or two before deciding.

I'm not really a sports wagering guy, but the BC -5/5.5 line is mind-boggling.

I don't feel like Wake's run defense is all that bad (but, of course, it hasn't really been tested at all). I just don't understand the BC hype.

Funny how this match-up has shifted from an expected defensive struggle to a shootout in the last few years. I can still remember the pain of watching that ugly 3-0 victory 3 years ago.

What are you thinking? End of year reschedule for a potentially big game?

Moving to Boston seems like the only viable option for getting the game in, minus the suggestion above about moving to the same weekend as the ACC Championship. While I don't think we have a legitimate shot at making it, I hate to admit defeat before we've even played out first conference game.

American computer simulations have Florence tracking north

Euro models (in my strictly amateur view these are more accurate) have the Carolinas taking a direct hit

either way the mid-Atlantic is forecast to get soaked

other ACC teams in the region at home this weekend: UNC, UVA, VT, NCSU, Clemson

Absolutely 0.0% chance Clawson would be OK with that.

Under the potential circumstances, I think he'd have to be.

Unfortunately I think the protocol is in that situation is we'd still be considered the home team and thus still have to play at BC next year. In other words, I don't think they'd make up for it by us hosting BC next year.

There's nowhere in NC to move the game. Not if a Cat 3 stalls over NC.

Where? That seems like a logistical nightmare.

I wonder how much lead time is required to move the location of a college football game

that said, among ACC schools, Miami and FSU are on the road this week and could conceivably host a football game

Syracuse has a home game Saturday vs. FSU and could conceivably host a game Thursday night

BC, of course, could also host

no idea whether there are other events at those places and whether those institutions would be willing/able to host

Absolutely 0.0% chance Clawson would be OK with that.

This is correct.

There's as much a chance of moving to Boston as there is moving the game up to Wednesday. Which is to say: "Mr. Blutarsky. Zero. Point. Zero."

Back