• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

thurs. noon time could work although will depend on speed of storm. The eye hits the coast around Thurs. night so given size of hurricane almost certain to provide tons of rain/wind, but 8 hours earlier could just see rain with the start of winds given it would be off the coast enough to possibly not be providing significant impact to WS at that time??

I don’t think BC would want to risk getting stranded in the Triad.

Is it a given that the game can't be played as scheduled?

Winston is 230 miles from Wilmington, and from the latest track, landfall on the Coast is anticipated to hit on Thursday morning, but the hurricane is not expected to hit the center of NC for another 24+ hours after the initial landfall. Realize safety is the priority, but given the current forecast, isn't the worse case scenario for W-S on Thursday night some rain and wind (but far from hurricane conditions)? I get why the Saturday game in Raleigh is in jeopardy, but doesn't look like much impact that far inland on Thursday.

Is it a given that the game can't be played as scheduled?

Winston is 230 miles from Wilmington, and from the latest track, landfall on the Coast is anticipated to hit on Thursday morning, but the hurricane is not expected to hit the center of NC for another 24+ hours after the initial landfall. Realize safety is the priority, but given the current forecast, isn't the worse case scenario for W-S on Thursday night some rain and wind (but far from hurricane conditions)? I get why the Saturday game in Raleigh is in jeopardy, but doesn't look like much impact that far inland on Thursday.

Last edited:
I saw one projection that actually placed the storm over the Triad on Thursday; but most don't have it reaching us until Friday. No one knows. It could slow down and even stop over land.

We moved a game against UConn when 9/11 happened.

It was Northern Illinois. And we rescheduled it to the end of the season and then opened the next season at Northern Illinois. So we played them in back to back games albeit 9 months apart.

If this game somehow gets played Thursday night I don't know how BC is going to be able to get on a plane and fly back to Boston, which is a consideration.

early afternoon kickoff on thursday is gonna be my prediction

but i have no clue

that's not an update

Agreed. But unless moving the game to a new location they should not make any decisions until tomorrow afternoon. BC would not leave until Wednesday and a lot can happen with the storm over next 30 hours.

According to models I am seeing, it does not look like the storm gets to Winston until Friday. Yes you will get winds ahead of the storm, but the really heavy rain my not reach until late Thursday, but I am not a weatherman. Think moving to Boston is bad for all concerned. Also, would hate to give up Rice just to play BC. Postpone until the end of the season and if one of us is the championship game deal with it then.

According to models I am seeing, it does not look like the storm gets to Winston until Friday. Yes you will get winds ahead of the storm, but the really heavy rain my not reach until late Thursday, but I am not a weatherman. Think moving to Boston is bad for all concerned. Also, would hate to give up Rice just to play BC. Postpone until the end of the season and if one of us is the championship game deal with it then.

how do you "deal with it" if we are 6-1 in the ACC with a win over Clemson, BC is 6-1 with a loss to Clemson, Clemson is 7-1, and you are 7 days away from the championship game?

answer: you don't. Therefore WF-BC has to happen before the end of the season

yeah, the AD said more when it released its first response to the Jamill Jones issue

did force Sokolove to take down his update, however

Carmelo said more in his endorsement of [Redacted].

Back