• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

DeacAssured

Reaction score
With our poor pass defense BC is likely to pass against us a lot although their run game is especially good.
Can Deacs limit mistakes and outscore BC in a classic shootout?

Last edited:
41-34 Deacs. Dortch, Hartman and the offense put on a show. Hartman gets ACC player of week.

Defense gives up a lot of yards but forces a couple timely turnovers. This is our 3rd toughest game of the season but I think we win it.

With our pass defense we will be in a shoot out. Think BC wins

Looks like we may have really bad weather on Thur. Hurricane coming. Anyone remember the game at (I think) at Ole Miss that was played in a driving rain storm and we only passed 5 times and rushed it 53 times. 2006 I think. May see a repeat

Last edited:
Hurricane won’t have hit the Triad yet by Thursday. Think you guys should be good. Games in the Triangle on Saturday will be a different story unfortunately.

084537_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

BC had two of their punts blocked for TD's. Wish we could expose that weakness. But their D is completely solid.

We're averaging 36 pts/game going back to the start of last season (while giving up 27). We'll probably need every one vs. the Eagles. Last year's 34-10 smackdown at home can't be tasting too good for them, and they've improved dramatically since then.

Yes, in my view every intangible save the apparently meaningless home field advantage (in this series) favors BC. I don't predict a Wake win on Thursday. But we can overcome those odds if we fix a lot of our problems and play really, really hard.

This will be a great test. I really hope Henderson and Glenn are healthy, because we will need their services.

Boston College is good this year. We need this one for the bowl season, but its going to be tough. Hope we get to see all the Wake guys playing their best on Thursday night. Should be a good game to watch.

I’m not sold on their QB Brown yet. Think we can turn him over a good bit. Think we might be okay stopping the run but BCs line and Dillon is a different monster.

I think we will need a 3rd/4th receiver to come alive.

All of us know that BC will be favored by only 4 but if both teams play as they have so far it’s a 34-17 type Boston College win.

We all agree that unless Wake plays out of character and wins the turnover game by 2 or more we have no chance.

All of us know that BC will be favored by only 4 but if both teams play as they have so far it’s a 34-17 type Boston College win.

We all agree that unless Wake plays out of character and wins the turnover game by 2 or more we have no chance.

Weird post. What do you mean, “we all agree”? It sounds like that is your own opinion. And why would you think that everyone would know how much BC would be favored by? I wouldn’t have much of an idea on that at all.

No we don't all agree that we will love by 17.

I’m glad to help.

We all know that spread is typically the difference in the Sagarin points ranking offset by the home field advantage and since BC has 6-7 points more than we do they would be favored by 10 at BC and 4 in Winston. If it’s not around 4 then the house thinks they know better and are willing to allow more money on one side than the other.

That part is way too complicated for me so I we all assume it will open at 4.

Let’s play out of character and prove em wrong!

The problem is too turn him over we have to hit somebody or cover somebody and we haven’t done that yet against two weak opponents. Let’s hope we play out of character and do that on Thursday.

And I don't think it would be out of character for a freshman to come into is own and stop turning the ball over. Those were his first two games that doesn't make it character.

Back