• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury Update post Towson

jaybone

Reaction score
Any updates on Colburn? Did anybody else go down? And I read that we should get Glenn and Masterson back for BC (should it happen as scheduled).

What about Amari Henderson? I feel like we really need him ..

I think I read shin contusion for Colburn he'll be fine.

Colburn was cleared to return after the delay, so he should be fine. Cam Glenn was iffy and was a Friday decision to hold him out. Henderson tried to warm up and "felt tight," per Clawson. Patrick Osterhage was held out as precaution so that he could be healthy for BC. Jamie Newman clearly wasn't healthy yesterday, or he would've played in the last drive or two.

I have no idea where you're getting that about Masterson. Scotty Washington is the one they're hopeful to be back against BC.

Colburn was cleared to return after the delay, so he should be fine. Cam Glenn was iffy and was a Friday decision to hold him out. Henderson tried to warm up and "felt tight," per Clawson. Patrick Osterhage was held out as precaution so that he could be healthy for BC. Jamie Newman clearly wasn't healthy yesterday, or he would've played in the last drive or two.

I have no idea where you're getting that about Masterson. Scotty Washington is the one they're hopeful to be back against BC.

Luke was wearing a knee brace yesterday. Heard he has an MCL injury. . Better than ACL but he may be out for a while

Wow our secondary is really thin.

When you look at all the injuries we’ve had before the season and a few key ones early this season, it really shows the depth Clawson has built. I dare say most years under the same circumstances, we’d have had a hard time going on the road and beating a decent FBS team like Tulane and blowing out a pretty good FCS team like Towson. I mean I’m not saying we don’t have plenty of issues and have looked like world beaters in the least, but the improvement in depth is evident.

I think the problem is that we're having to use our depth, and fairly early in the season at that.

Yeah that is the problem because we all know there will be other injuries along the way. Just got to hope they don’t happen at already thin positions and it doesn’t happen until we get others back.

Yes, even with Bates' unexpected early departure, we had decent secondary depth before spring practice.

Thanks!

I read that the injury bug has also bit Duke. Starting QB out with a broken collarbone. Another starter lost for the year with a hip injury

I read that the injury bug has also bit Duke. Starting QB out with a broken collarbone. Another starter lost for the year with a hip injury

Ouch. Didn't realize that. I hate Duke but really like their coach.

Zach Tom started at Center. Osterhaage back soon.

Will also (duh) significantly help the secondary once Glenn and Henderson return, and to some extent Masterson. Those 3 play, and we give up maybe 10 points to Towson.

Add Washington. Get ALL those dudes back and we have a good team.

Not sure if Tom is a player or not, but he was forced into action.

Will also (duh) significantly help the secondary once Glenn and Henderson return, and to some extent Masterson. Those 3 play, and we give up maybe 10 points to Towson.

Clawson said in the post-game, Osterhaage could have played Saturday, but was kept out to fully heal for BC.

I got the impression Tom starting was just to make sure Osterhaage would be available for BC and probably get Anderson some snaps at Guard where he'd probably have to move if we got another lineman injuried. Don't know how Tom did individually, but the O-line certainly played well.

I would bet if it had been any other week, Glenn and Henderson both play. Vs Towson and a short week coming up is probably the only reason they didn't. If you're "tight" or "iffy" against an Atlantic division team, then you play.

I'm confused by the conflicting comments. It's 3 days since the last post so....

Where are we on the health factor for tonight ?

Back