• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 US News Rankings - Wake #27

How many people on these boards have partied at Wake in the last 5 years? Y’all are acting like experts on the current party scene.

We wandered around the quad area while our class year event was going on during last year's homecoming. It was Friday night, and the whole area was completely dead. I guess everything has moved off campus but if that was indicative of the party scene I would say I would disagree with that ranking

We wandered around the quad area while our class year event was going on during last year's homecoming. It was Friday night, and the whole area was completely dead. I guess everything has moved off campus but if that was indicative of the party scene I would say I would disagree with that ranking

I'm pretty sure the partying on a college campus doesn't happen at 9 pm.

I think most activity is now on campus, as students are required to live on campus for their first 3 years (though Deacon Place counts as on-campus https://rlh.wfu.edu/housing/halls/north-campus/deacon-place/)

Unfortunately the administration drove the vast majority of social activity off campus. It pretty much revolves around the off campus fraternity houses.

I'm pretty sure the partying on a college campus doesn't happen at 9 pm.

I think most activity is now on campus, as students are required to live on campus for their first 3 years (though Deacon Place counts as on-campus https://rlh.wfu.edu/housing/halls/north-campus/deacon-place/)

Yes they are required to live on campus for the first 3 years, but rich mommy's and daddy's are paying for a second apartment off campus. Usually in one of the Crowne's or downtown by Innovation Quarter.

lol, rafi even goes to bat for wake's reputation as a party school

Ha, I have no idea if it should be considered a party school, I was just pointing out that the quad at 9 pm on a Friday probably isn't the best way to judge the party scene of a college campus.

I also don't know where the parties occur now. I thought probably on campus, given the housing requirements, but I may be wrong based on middy's response.

Yes they are required to live on campus for the first 3 years, but rich mommy's and daddy's are paying for a second apartment off campus. Usually in one of the Crowne's or downtown by Innovation Quarter.

That's crazy.

If these guys are a Top 10 partying school, we must have been the Muhammad Ali mixed with Usain Bolt and Michael Jordan of partying.

That's crazy.

It’s a completely different experience than I had 25 years ago for sure. I don’t know if I’d ever go to a frat party at today’s Wake.

Netflix, are you are current student (obviously don't answer if you don't want to)? If so, how common is it for a student to have a second place? Do a couple of students have this, or is it common?

Netflix, are you are current student (obviously don't answer if you don't want to)? If so, how common is it for a student to have a second place? Do a couple of students have this, or is it common?

I'd be shocked if you could find more than a handful of examples. It sounds like something someone made up to me.

It’s a completely different experience than I had 25 years ago for sure. I don’t know if I’d ever go to a frat party at today’s Wake.

I don't know anything about the current environment at Wake but I'm curious - what is it about the current experience that makes you think you wouldn't go to a frat party today - when you, presumably, did 25 years ago?

holy shit, as if $300k isn't enough to spend on 4 years of college

I haven't spent any significant time on Wake's campus in many years but I can say with full confidence that there is no way in the world Wake is a top 10 party school. Hell, I don't think Wake is in the top 100 party schools, for that matter. If anything, I would put them in the bottom third, maybe lower.

Lol, I’m a recent grad, and this is most certainly not true. Never heard of anyone having a second place. Most parties happen at off campus frat houses that seniors in the frat live in, also in frat lounges on campus sometimes. Believe it or not though, Wake does discourage parties happening on the quad.

Back