• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 US News Rankings - Wake #27

Lol, I’m a recent grad, and this is most certainly not true. Never heard of anyone having a second place. Most parties happen at off campus frat houses that seniors in the frat live in, also in frat lounges on campus sometimes. Believe it or not though, Wake does discourage parties happening on the quad.

Thanks for the input. I thought that was probably the case, but I wanted to confirm.

Lol, I’m a recent grad, and this is most certainly not true. Never heard of anyone having a second place. Most parties happen at off campus frat houses that seniors in the frat live in, also in frat lounges on campus sometimes. Believe it or not though, Wake does discourage parties happening on the quad.

Really sucks that the lounges aren't filled with parties anymore on the quad. Lame.

That sounds sad. There were "parties" almost every day in every dorm (many in some dorms). Nor did we have to wait for no stinkin 4:20.

I don't know anything about the current environment at Wake but I'm curious - what is it about the current experience that makes you think you wouldn't go to a frat party today - when you, presumably, did 25 years ago?

Parties are off campus. That’s what we are talking about, right?

Parties are off campus. That’s what we are talking about, right?

When deacon14 wrote that there are not parties on the quad, I think he meant the literal quad (like right in the middle of it) and was joking in reference to a previous post. But I could be wrong.

How many parties happen at the barn?

I go to a lot of Wake soccer and tennis matches, and by the nature of the event often end up sitting around current students. A few seem rich, a few don’t seem rich, and for the most part, one would have no idea the financial status of the students. They essentially seem the same as they did 20 years ago (though more diverse).

When deacon14 wrote that there are not parties on the quad, I think he meant the literal quad (like right in the middle of it) and was joking in reference to a previous post. But I could be wrong.

How many parties happen at the barn?

I go to a lot of Wake soccer and tennis matches, and by the nature of the event often end up sitting around current students. A few seem rich, a few don’t seem rich, and for the most part, one would have no idea the financial status of the students. They essentially seem the same as they did 20 years ago (though more diverse).

Yeah I was being sarcastic about the quad. Parties happens in on campus lounges, just less often.

Also, I went to Wake for 4 years and think I went to the barn like twice, neither time for a party. I know sorority rush stuff happens there, but beyond that all I ever remember is primarily non-Wake student affiliated parties and stuff.

Non-Wake student? Like faculty or administration events? Or people not affiliated with Wake at all?

Also, I think you guys are massively overestimating how hard it is to get to off campus parties. Pledge drivers aren’t hard to find.

Non-Wake student? Like faculty or administration events? Or people not affiliated with Wake at all?

I mean I’m certainly not an expert on this, but I remember a lot of WSSU parties and things like that would happen there.

I mean I’m certainly not an expert on this, but I remember a lot of WSSU parties and things like that would happen there.

So parties hosted by black Wake students and Wake NPHC organizations.

More difficult I guess, but if you have friends or friends of friends in the frat at all still not that hard.

Not nearly as easy as just strolling to the Quad to see who was around or if the party was any good. I doubt student me would put forth the effort to drive to an off-campus party unless I was going with a group and knew it was going to be fun. And that assumes they even let non-Greek dudes in.

So parties hosted by black Wake students and Wake NPHC organizations.

My understanding was always that there would be Wake students at the parties obviously, but that they would typically be outnumbered by a good deal, which was the only point I was making. But again, I almost never went to the barn and am not an expert on what was going on.

Not nearly as easy as just strolling to the Quad to see who was around or if the party was any good. I doubt student me would put forth the effort to drive to an off-campus party unless I was going with a group and knew it was going to be fun. And that assumes they even let non-Greek dudes in.

Ok? I wasn’t trying to claim now is better than the glory days you all remember or whatever. Off campus parties were always more fun during my time there, as there was significantly less worry of getting in trouble. Also, I wasn’t Greek. I couldn’t just show up by myself to any party and get in, but I still was able to go out when I wanted.

Yeah. Just clarifying what I said earlier.

Back