• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

September 11, 2001 (Merge with 9/11 thread if there is one)

He didn't say anything about Muslims. You're the one who took it there. And to think that the only unification that took place in America was hate is pretty awful. There was plenty of shared grief, empathy, love, determination, respect/appreciation for 1st responders, etc.

I said there was unified hate for Muslims. He did agree equating hate for Muslims with hate for the perpetrators. He specifically said, "Sure, unified hate against the perpetrators was a factor."

I didn't say that hate was the only unification. I specifically said, "People like to talk about the “unity” of Sept 12 but much of that was Americans united against Muslims." Much isn't the same as only.

I said there was unified hate for Muslims. He did agree equating hate for Muslims with hate for the perpetrators. He specifically said, "Sure, unified hate against the perpetrators was a factor."

I didn't say that hate was the only unification. I specifically said, "People like to talk about the “unity” of Sept 12 but much of that was Americans united against Muslims." Much isn't the same as only.

Did we even know that Al Queda were the perpetrators by Sept 12th? I remember a lot of support for FDNY and the victims and their families in the days immediately following 9/11. It was a few days later when George Bush grabbed a bullhorn on the rubble pile that people started thinking about revenge. That was September 14th so we at least had 3 days of shock and sadness before anger set in.

[PhDeac] So you probably especially hate Moslums [/PhDeac]

I pretty much equally dislike all religions, except Zen Buddhists (which is barely a religion), they are, generally, pretty chill.

Did we even know that Al Queda were the perpetrators by Sept 12th? I remember a lot of support for FDNY and the victims and their families in the days immediately following 9/11. It was a few days later when George Bush grabbed a bullhorn on the rubble pile that people started thinking about revenge. That was September 14th so we at least had 3 days of shock and sadness before anger set in.

"Know" is probably too strong a word. I remember conversing with a colleague on 9/12 with both of us agreeing that the strong consensus among the experts pointed in that direction.

Back