• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC Basketball Schedule Is Out

Date Opponent Time TV
Saturday, January 5, 2019 at Georgia Tech 2pm RSN
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 vs. Duke 7pm ESPN/2
Saturday, January 12, 2019 at Miami 2pm RSN
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 vs. NC State 8pm Raycom
Saturday, January 19, 2019 at Virginia Tech 4pm RSN
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at Virginia 9pm RSN
Saturday, January 26, 2019 vs. Boston College 4pm RSN
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at Louisville 8pm Raycom
Sunday, February 3, 2019 at Clemson 12pm ESPNU
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 vs. Pittsburgh 7pm EPSNU
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at Florida State 7pm RSN
Saturday, February 16, 2019 vs. North Carolina 12pm Raycom
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at Notre Dame 7pm ESPN2/U
Sunday, February 24, 2019 at NC State 6pm ESPNU
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 vs. Miami 7pm RSN
Saturday, March 2, 2019 vs. Syracuse 12pm Raycom
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at Duke 7pm ESPN/2
Saturday, March 9, 2019 vs. Florida State 12pm Raycom

That is a tough start to the schedule. Visit GaTech, a place Wake doesn't play well, then host Duke.

Yeah. I think 0-3 is very likely.

spring semester classes begin January 14 meaning limited students on hand for Duke

spring break starts 3/9 so limited students on hand for FSU

I would guess the flip side is few (GT) students on hand at Georgia Tech

You are concerned with 0-3??? I'm thinking 0-18 with the dumpster fire we have on our hands unless Hoard turns out to be a lottery pick type playa. We got nothing coming back outside an erratic Chill and seemingly solid and improving Chaundee, and 7 foot stretch 4 that has yet to show he deserves to be playing ACC basketball.

Hoard or Mucius better be the second coming of JHo for it not to be a complete trainwreck. We lost our top scoring with Crawford & Moore bolting for who knows what and our one 3 point Keyshawn ace getting out of dodge.

We win one of those first 3 would be a major coup.

We need to beat GT on the road if we wanna avoid going 0-9 in ACC road games. They're gonna be wretched. Worse than us. I don't see any other road game and go, "Yeah, we have a decent shot in that one." And it's more than time to beat Duke at home, but it probably won't be.

You are concerned with 0-3??? I'm thinking 0-18 with the dumpster fire we have on our hands unless Hoard turns out to be a lottery pick type playa. We got nothing coming back outside an erratic Chill and seemingly solid and improving Chaundee, and 7 foot stretch 4 that has yet to show he deserves to be playing ACC basketball.

Hoard or Mucius better be the second coming of JHo for it not to be a complete trainwreck. We lost our top scoring with Crawford & Moore bolting for who knows what and our one 3 point Keyshawn ace getting out of dodge.

1) Georgia Tech will likely only be a slight favorite (3 or 4 point), so I wouldn't call it a major coup

2) Even if Hoard were to miss the entire season, we would not be at risk of finishing 0-18. We won't be good, but that's a major overreaction.

We need to beat GT on the road if we wanna avoid going 0-9 in ACC road games. They're gonna be wretched. Worse than us. I don't see any other road game and go, "Yeah, we have a decent shot in that one." And it's more than time to beat Duke at home, but it probably won't be.

@ Miami, @ NC State, and @ Notre Dame will also be winnable games. We'll probably be 10+ point dogs in all the rest of the away games.

I don't think you figured in the coaching of Danny Manning. The roof is the ceiling.

@ Miami, @ NC State, and @ Notre Dame will also be winnable games. We'll probably be 10+ point dogs in all the rest of the away games.
I wish I shared your optimism. I guess I'd give it about ~30% chance we win one of those games. ~70% chance we lose all three.

4 ACC wins, maybe. Add that to our outstanding OOC schedule. Progress. Everyone that has anything to do with the basketball program should be given a pink slip, from Wellman on down.

Might as well get a Duke game out of the way early. If our young guys are going to progress, I want to see the fruits against a team we could beat.

I really don't see us winning more than 3-4 games in conference. If we win five or more, I'll be impressed...which is fucking depressing.

Sure seems like 5 wins is the ceiling. Enough for a contract extension for Redacted Part II.

That is a tough start to the schedule. Visit GaTech, a place Wake doesn't play well, then host Duke.

They are all tough. Think about it, the ACC is a very tough basketball league. I really can't think of many scenarios we have had or could have had in the past few years where we come out 3-0. Geez, last year we started on the road at UNC, led by 4 with under 1 minute to go and found a way to lose in regulation. That would have been the ultimate start to ANY ACC season right there. We need to get our young guys going, have them learn how to play end game defense, make their FT's and pull these type games out. I think we start out 1-0 myself because these guys have gotten rid of last year's problems and will go out with far better attitudes.

Back