• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC Basketball Schedule Is Out

You don’t get it. We are replacing our best players who kept games close with brand new players who will finish games.

I understand your point. We lost our top contributors. But I'd argue that it is the nature of college basketball to have rosters turn over a lot each year. Look at NCSU this coming season, for example. I know your contention that you need to keep potential pros around for another year to have a high level of success... I think that's largely luck, but yes, having better talent usually means winning more games.

Pilchard isn't arguing that we're going to be good. He's arguing that we probably weren't as bad as our record last year (which I definitely agree with). That's not making an excuse for Manning... I think it's actually a criticism that he couldn't get more out of the talent he had.

He won't miraculously become a great coach this year. I do, however, think that we have personnel that can get it done better at the end of games in Brown & Hoard (and perhaps 1-3 others, as well). And hopefully this team can end up w/ a W/L record that is closer to the sum of its parts.

We'll see. It's still depressing to not be better... But I think this team will be fun and could surprise some people. Hoping to see it improve over the course of the season, as well. I think that is what made the Collins NCAA First Four season fun... The team got better and better (until it didn't).

And now I am rambling.

Who said we were going to have fewer wins than last year? I don’t remember seeing it.

Who said we were going to have fewer wins than last year? I don’t remember seeing it.

Plenty of people have posted this.

However, as ayo mentioned, it’s more the lunatic fringe of the “Fire Manning” party. I think most folks think something closer to .500 overall is the base case.

Plenty of people have posted this.

However, as ayo mentioned, it’s more the lunatic fringe of the “Fire Manning” party. I think most folks expect something closer to .500 overall is the base case.

Manning has had two dumpster fire seasons with decent talent. I wouldn't put a third past him.

Back