Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ACC Basketball Schedule Is Out

0-7

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    That is a tough start to the schedule. Visit GaTech, a place Wake doesn't play well, then host Duke.
    0-7 is even more likely

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    You donít get it. We are replacing our best players who kept games close with brand new players who will finish games.
    Time to resurrect the #WeFinish campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack30844 View Post
    I doubt Wake will win at State.
    WF will get trounced at State.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    You donít get it. We are replacing our best players who kept games close with brand new players who will finish games.
    I understand your point. We lost our top contributors. But I'd argue that it is the nature of college basketball to have rosters turn over a lot each year. Look at NCSU this coming season, for example. I know your contention that you need to keep potential pros around for another year to have a high level of success... I think that's largely luck, but yes, having better talent usually means winning more games.

Pilchard isn't arguing that we're going to be good. He's arguing that we probably weren't as bad as our record last year (which I definitely agree with). That's not making an excuse for Manning... I think it's actually a criticism that he couldn't get more out of the talent he had.

He won't miraculously become a great coach this year. I do, however, think that we have personnel that can get it done better at the end of games in Brown & Hoard (and perhaps 1-3 others, as well). And hopefully this team can end up w/ a W/L record that is closer to the sum of its parts.

We'll see. It's still depressing to not be better... But I think this team will be fun and could surprise some people. Hoping to see it improve over the course of the season, as well. I think that is what made the Collins NCAA First Four season fun... The team got better and better (until it didn't).

And now I am rambling.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Who said we were going to have fewer wins than last year? I donít remember seeing it.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Who said we were going to have fewer wins than last year? I donít remember seeing it.
    Plenty of people have posted this.

However, as ayo mentioned, itís more the lunatic fringe of the ďFire ManningĒ party. I think most folks think something closer to .500 overall is the base case.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Plenty of people have posted this.

However, as ayo mentioned, itís more the lunatic fringe of the ďFire ManningĒ party. I think most folks expect something closer to .500 overall is the base case.

Manning has had two dumpster fire seasons with decent talent. I wouldn't put a third past him.