• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sawvel -- **Dismissed**

Absolutely positively, do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars

Add the defensive second coach. They were high school bad.

Feels like it's partly a recruiting issue, too.

:noidea:

Wake has played 11 power-5 teams with Sawvel as defensive coordinator. Here are the opponent scores in those games: 10, 26, 28, 38, 32, 48, 43, 24, 31, 52, 41. Anybody see a pattern?

ETA ... average of 34 points a contest.

Last edited:
When a ball is thrown and we don't even have a defender in the GD frame?!?!?

We're just God-awful on defense. Clawson knows it and I trust him to fix the issue.

Wake has played 11 power-5 teams with Sawvel as defensive coordinator. Here are the opponent scores in those games: 10, 26, 28, 38, 32, 48, 43, 24, 31, 52, 41. Anybody see a pattern?

So you called for DC to be fired at this point in his second year? Certainly you did with this junior high logic! You guys are boring with your mendacity. Hhow about at least get to a second level of analysis - like what kind of linebacker corps did Sawvel inherit last year?

This will be a big test for DC--will he act or will he pull a Grobe. Sawvel is Lobo bad--has had a chance and there has been no improvement. Secondary can not cover. We are a terrible tackling team and LB seem to be a day late. Bad schemes few sacks-- needs to go

So you called for DC to be fired at this point in his second year? Certainly you did with this junior high logic! You guys are boring with your mendacity. Hhow about at least get to a second level of analysis - like what kind of linebacker corps did Sawvel inherit last year?

Ogboards, meet Mrs. Sawvel

This reminds me of the fire Ruggiero threads that were a mainstay up until the middle of last season. I have no idea if Sawvel is the right coach or not, but he is certainly playing with a few holes on the field. Taylor may be the worst CB I've ever seen at Wake, so if they feel he has to play, we are in big trouble. And hopefully Wade keeps improving and becomes a solid safety, but you can tell he is still trying to figure things out back there. On that first TD run by Dillon, Glen and Wade both crashed the exact same gap, which left a huge running lane. A terrible angle by Taylor and lights out. Obviously someone missed the assignment on that one. Who knows, maybe we are running schemes that magnify our weaknesses, but the fact is, we definitely have weaknesses on the defense, especially in the secondary.

I’m not a football guru but the scheme really does look bad. Either are safeties have zero instincts or we aren’t going out there with the best game plan. Could be both I guess.

Feels like it's partly a recruiting issue, too.

:noidea:

Until we get bigger lineman, this is what is going to happen. Both our lines were man-handled. DB's had problems alright, but their qb had all day to throw, obviously ours did not. They managed to get receivers wide open. Our receivers could not get open, even our catches were covered, they just managed to make plays. Yeah recruiting needs to improve.

Fucking learn to read! All I did was post some numbers. I said nothing about firing anybody. Why not defend Sawvel if you can?

And, if you think the linebackers are the problem, you really are a dolt!

Back