• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perhaps worst wake officiated game in post replay era

socaldeac

Reaction score
There were at least 7 no calls, bad calls or reverse of touchdown calls that completely changed the momentum of the game. Shame on the Refs and ACC

Not why we lost. But they were bad-- missed a couple of late hits on Dortch

Dortch punt return no personal foul
Dortch punt return questionable block in back same play
False start on BC turns into first down with 17 hard completion
Face mask against Wake for 15 yards when he grabbed helmet
Horse collar tackle on Carney long run
About to sack QB and holding, no call, first down
Incomplete ball called on field reversed for TD

Last edited:
Yea we were shafted, but the better team won. It sucks. Call me an idiot, but we beat ND.

My problem was a replay is how incredibly inconsistent it is. 99% of the time of very very very obvious over call will not be made due to inconclusive evidence, and all of a sudden on this play it looks like he was switching hands and it certainly left some room for doubt of him having complete possession when he got his foot in bounds and they overturn it.

Dortch punt return no personal foul
Dortch punt return questionable block in back same play
False start on BC turns into first down with 17 hard completion
Face mask against Wake for 15 yards when he grabbed helmet
Horse collar tackle on Carney long run
About to sack QB and holding, no call, first down
Incomplete ball called on field reversed for TD

Maybe - but only one of those is reviewable.

Bad calls but no question we got outplayed. Honestly should have been a wider deficit - BC's special teams miscues only thing keeping it respectable.

My problem was a replay is how incredibly inconsistent it is. 99% of the time of very very very obvious over call will not be made due to inconclusive evidence, and all of a sudden on this play it looks like he was switching hands and it certainly left some room for doubt of him having complete possession when he got his foot in bounds and they overturn it.

That call was a real reach by the replay booth.

I feel like Wake got their asses kicked but also feel like Wake should have won the game.

I feel like Wake got their asses kicked but also feel like Wake should have won the game.

Agree........except maybe could have won instead of should have won.
Take away a couple of their big plays and we win.

Catch either of the dropped TD passes on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 (or pound it in for a first down and TD) and the game goes to a tie!*

*assuming everything else somehow happens exactly the same

The missed false start was a small penalty but a huge momentum changer in game. Very obvious and blatant penalty I don’t know how they missed it.

The missed false start was a small penalty but a huge momentum changer in game. Very obvious and blatant penalty I don’t know how they missed it.

There is an official whose job is to watch that. What was he doing?

Need to quit bitching about this game and learn how to play some defense. BC used to be a reliable win. Now that they aren't, it just became that much harder to become bowl eligible.

Need to quit bitching about this game and learn how to play some defense. BC used to be a reliable win. Now that they aren't, it just became that much harder to become bowl eligible.

On the flip side, we used to be everyone ‘s reliable win. We are still building and BC will be a handful for everyone in the Atlantic. Glad we’ve gotten an early test and there was a lot of good to pull from it.

Refs subtly or blatantly costing us yards/momentum nearly every important game will never not be a thing as long as I’m alive.

It does look bad for the league officiating crew when the announcers talk at length about badly missed calls. The false start and the late hit out of bounds on Dortch in particular. The announcers were also pretty amazed that replay found enough to overturn the incomplete into BC's TD.

ESPN may have sent their 23rd string announcers, but it looks bad for the league when refs get talked about for missing calls that badly.

Back