• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perhaps worst wake officiated game in post replay era

I was referring to the play The Reff was talking about before the BC TD. Our defender had his back turned to the play, but the receiver didn't really force much if any contact,

I agree that one was if the ball wasn't tipped.

One play before they scored in the end zone, our player ran right up their receivers back, face guarding him the entire way & never looking for the ball. A definite flag could have been thrown. If the BC receiver had wanted to come back for the ball, he could not have because our defender was pushing him out of the end zone. The only good side of the play that may have weighed into it, maybe, was that the ball hit our guy in the back.

Officials now drop a flag on PI and then talk. If another official in another area sees the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage OR sees no contacts straight thru the play from a different angle than he can have the flagging official wave off his penalty flag. It might be what we would call a "good no-call" in basketball except it has to be done with all the replay rules no in basketball. Football is totally different because of flags being thrown and the ability to talk about things--sorta like baseball has done in their game. But I can tell you guys from talking with the basketball guys I see at our meetings that call ACC football, you will not see many holding calls in games unless they are absolute take downs. Watch all the games you see on TV and see how many you see called also in all those big SEC/B10/B12 games. You don't. This is Big Boy football and they play on.

One play before they scored in the end zone, our player ran right up their receivers back, face guarding him the entire way & never looking for the ball. A definite flag could have been thrown. If the BC receiver had wanted to come back for the ball, he could not have because our defender was pushing him out of the end zone. The only good side of the play that may have weighed into it, maybe, was that the ball hit our guy in the back.
I just watched the play on WatchESPN. It happened exactly as I described it and the BC receiver didn't even complain that it was pass interference.

Need to quit bitching about this game and learn how to play some defense. BC used to be a reliable win. Now that they aren't, it just became that much harder to become bowl eligible.

I don't remember that

If BC just had scored less points than us, we would have won. Damn it!

Not why we lost but a poorly officiated game all around. Based on their five factors of the game BC had a 92 percent chance to win.

Back