• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Legit QB Convo

Our offense put up a lot of yards last night. Couldn’t capitalize in the red zone. Hartman is not the issue. My guy was running for his life most of the game last night.

Our offense put up a lot of yards last night. Couldn’t capitalize in the red zone. Hartman is not the issue. My guy was running for his life most of the game last night.
I agree he had to escape the pocket sometimes, but Hartman has a tendency to flee the pocket at the first sign of pressure when he should just step up into it. He's young. He'll learn.

my read on the situation is that Clawson won't consider Hinton for QB unless both Hartman and Newman can't go

Yeah I hate that call on 3rd or 4th down. It's a play that gives you no other options and as good as Dortch is, he's only what 5'9", that's a play you throw to a Washington or Surratt type receiver.

I would like to know the probability of success of a fade pass on 4th and 2. Must be around 10% at best. Just a real stupid call. Option to the right with a pitch to Carney would have been money.

I thought our play calling in the redzone was poor. Throwing a fade to Dortch on 4th and 2 at the goal, with a bruiser like Cade, was a very stupid call. We had another 4th down inside the 10 where Sam rifled the ball so hard, no one would have hung on.

We were 6-7 on fourth downs last night

I would like to know the probability of success of a fade pass on 4th and 2. Must be around 10% at best. Just a real stupid call. Option to the right with a pitch to Carney would have been money.

We ran option left the play before that and almost got Hartman killed. And gained zero yards. We should have run it up the middle on 2nd and 2 until we scored a la Tulane overtime score.

Towson really exposed our defense. We need to fix that. If it can't be fixed, we will need to out score our opponents.

maybe he wanted to see where we were after four games before deciding on whether to play Hinton at quarterback and Redshirt Hartman

And I thought Sam played really well in the fourth maybe it just took a few quarters to click against that level of competition

Where was Bachman? Injured? Scotty get his reps?

There should be zero doubt about Hartman. Our secondary had a horrible game but our receivers did too. Washington had a huge drop early, Dortch had a ball stolen from him and dropped that perfect 4th down pass. Hartman is a baller.

Back