Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Legit QB Convo

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefan77 View Post
    I think Sam will be the better QB in time but right now Kendall Hinton needs to be the guy. Kendall has the tools and needs to start and play vs. Rice. Don't waste Kendall as a receiver.
    Unless Dave is playing more mind games or the long con, he seemed clear today that Hinton is not in future QB plans anymore. It was getting to garbage time but very stunned not to see him again after the score if there was any thought he needed reps moving forward.

Hinton is pretty clearly done as a QB during his time at WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Hinton is pretty clearly done as a QB during his time at WF.
    Dave maybe doing him a favor now that we have some depth and QB alternatives by giving him a path to playing time as her certainly was never going to play QB after college. Armani Edwards made some coin by grabbing it instead of slinging it.

Our freshman QB didnít have a great game against a Top 10 team?

Look around at what else happened in college football today. The sky isnít falling nearly as much as some of yíall think.
    Hungry

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Our freshman QB didnít have a great game against a Top 10 team?

Look around at what else happened in college football today. The sky isnít falling nearly as much as some of yíall think.
    Iím not sure what you mean. I look around college football today and see teams like ODU, Army, UK, and Purdue step up and play well in games in which they were supposedly overmatched. And Iím wondering why we canít.

We canít because our Defense is terrible.

But our Freshman QB having a terrible game against a Top 10 team isnít reason to automatically redshirt him.

I trust Clawson offensively. The Defense needs some serious shakeups.
    Hungry

Hartman could be a great QB.

Haven't seen much of Newman, but given how close the competition was maybe he could be a great QB too.

Hinton IS a solid QB.

Clawson has to figure out which one he wants. To do that, he's got to figure out what he wants from the QB position. Through 4 games, Hartman has run the ball 49 times (57 att minus 8 sacks). Newman ran 8 times today and Hinton ran once. Our QBs have 58 carries. Colburn has 58 carries and Carney has 66.

If Clawson wants the QB to run as much as our starting RB, he really should consider starting Newman or Hinton, a power rusher or a dynamic rusher.

The Pumpfaker
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Hartman could be a great QB.

Haven't seen much of Newman, but given how close the competition was maybe he could be a great QB too.

Hinton IS a solid QB.

Clawson has to figure out which one he wants. To do that, he's got to figure out what he wants from the QB position. Through 4 games, Hartman has run the ball 49 times (57 att minus 8 sacks). Newman ran 8 times today and Hinton ran once. Our QBs have 58 carries. Colburn has 58 carries and Carney has 66.

If Clawson wants the QB to run as much as our starting RB, he really should consider starting Newman or Hinton, a power rusher or a dynamic rusher.
    This is exactly how I see it. Newman can bulldoze people. Hinton is fast and shifty. Hartman is a punching bag at this point compared to them. He is most likely the best pure QB, but we haven't seen it yet in accuracy numbers. I saw a stat this week on Reddit ranking all the P5 QBs by QBR. He was like 55/64. So if he isn't accurate and appears to be the third best runner at this point then why not RS him and save him a year to bulk up and get more accurate? It seems pretty logical to me.

Hartman is 68/123 (55.3%). Almost half of his completions (31) came against Tulane which was ironically our lowest scoring game.