• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame

jnpwfu

Reaction score
I found this on Wikipedia regarding Brandon Wimbush...

"As a freshman in 2015, Wimbush appeared in two games as a backup to DeShone Kizer.[4] In 2016, he took a redshirt season.[5]

With Kizer in the NFL, Wimbush took over as Notre Dame's starting quarterback in 2017 as a redshirt sophomore.[6][7] In his first start for the Fighting Irish, Wimbush threw for 184 yards, two passing touchdowns, and an interception against Temple. He also gained 106 yards on the ground and had a rushing touchdown in the game.[8] Two weeks later, he had 207 rushing yards and four rushing touchdowns to go along with 96 passing yards in a 49–20 victory over Boston College.[9]

Wimbush had 110 rushing yards and a career-high 280 passing yards against Wake Forest on November 4th.[10]

In Notre Dame's bowl game against LSU, Wimbush was sat in the second quarter in favor of backup Ian Book, who led Notre Dame to a come-from-behind victory, 21–17.[11]

Wimbush will again be the starter for Notre Dame in the 2018 season.[12]"

We should be fine against Notre Dame, in my opinion, unless we let Wimbush have another career day passing. Based on what I have seen so far under this D Coordinator, Wimbush is going to air it out at will.

Back