• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Edwards .. Move to DT

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
?

It’s a trope but the young man is a physical specimen. Far be it for me to suggest but I would be real curious to see what this young man could do if given some 2nd Team DL practice time against Ryan and Phil.

Real OL time is unlikely for 2018. The loss of Bateman is not unnoticed. Edwards was dominant on the D-Line in HS. His highlights show an excitable and charismatic player.

Obviously the coaches know - but you do have a strong and athletic kid who is 6’6.5 - 370 pounds who plays with a defenders attitude

?

It’s a trope but the young man is a physical specimen. Far be it for me to suggest but I would be real curious to see what this young man could do if given some 2nd Team DL practice time against Ryan and Phil.

Real OL time is unlikely for 2018. The loss of Bateman is not unnoticed. Edwards was dominant on the D-Line in HS. His highlights show an excitable and charismatic player.

Obviously the coaches know - but you do have a strong and athletic kid who is 6’6.5 - 370 pounds who plays with a defenders attitude

Whatever results in consistent pressure on the QB

Looking to next year, I’m more confident with our D line than O line. Edwards should be a key piece on the O line for the next 4 years. He’s good where he is.

Looking to next year, I’m more confident with our D line than O line. Edwards should be a key piece on the O line for the next 4 years. He’s good where he is.

Understood.

But he is a force either way. He “rounds-up” to 400 pounds and is a shade over 6 foot 6.

He is not needed on the OL this year &

He has 4 full games to compete in some way in order to help his team

I am suggesting that it might possibly be worthwhile to experiment with Mike against our OL. Primarily because it is good scout work before facing the likes of Clemson’s interior. It would help Haynes and Anderson - in my opinion - and may surprise the staff just the way Dion Bergan has.

Point taken. If he gets into the game as a DT without burning the shirt why not. But I’d be equally as interested to see him get time on the OL.

I don’t think DT is a problem for us right now if nobody gets hurt. Zeek and Willie are a good tandem and Kamara is a solid player. I think DE is a issue. Right now Calhoun and Bashem is a step back from Duke and Wendell. Where’s the deal with Mike Allen, still hurt?

I don’t think DT is a problem for us right now if nobody gets hurt. Zeek and Willie are a good tandem and Kamara is a solid player. I think DE is a issue. Right now Calhoun and Bashem is a step back from Duke and Wendell. Where’s the deal with Mike Allen, still hurt?

Actually think we might be thin at DT with Bateman done. After Kamara, it’s true freshman Bergan. We know it’s hardest for true freshman to play on the lines.

Manny Walker and Tyler Williams appear to be cemented as the first DEs off the bench. Is Zander Zimmer still on the roster?

Actually think we might be thin at DT with Bateman done. After Kamara, it’s true freshman Bergan. We know it’s hardest for true freshman to play on the lines.

Manny Walker and Tyler Williams appear to be cemented as the first DEs off the bench. Is Zander Zimmer still on the roster?

No, Zimmer was medically DQ'd in the spring, IIRC.

Basically, the DTs on the roster are: Zeek, Willie, Kamara, Bergan - that's starters and backups. And then LaRonde Liverpool, a converted TE, Tyric Swennie, a preferred walk-on freshman, and Adam Winter, a walk-on R-Fr.

So yes. Extremely thin on the D-line.

No, Zimmer was medically DQ'd in the spring, IIRC.

Basically, the DTs on the roster are: Zeek, Willie, Kamara, Bergan - that's starters and backups. And then LaRonde Liverpool, a converted TE, Tyric Swennie, a preferred walk-on freshman, and Adam Winter, a walk-on R-Fr.

So yes. Extremely thin on the D-line.

Tyler Williams is big enough to play DT if we needed him to I think. Bottom line is we need Zeek and Willie to stay healthy!

Tyler Williams is big enough to play DT if we needed him to I think. Bottom line is we need Zeek and Willie to stay healthy!

Tyler is listed at 300 lbs. If he isn't big enough, I don't know who would be. However, staff likes him at DE so I suspect that is where he will stay.

Tyler is listed at 300 lbs. If he isn't big enough, I don't know who would be. However, staff likes him at DE so I suspect that is where he will stay.

I meant he may be forced to DT if anybody gets dinged up.

Back