• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any chance Hinton can play corner?

DeacDoug

Reaction score
Looks like Hartman is our qb. Hinton is a great athlete with decent size. He has no shot at playing qb in the pros. Let's get him on the field if possible. Being LOWF, we have to think outside the box.

was wondering the same thing, tho he is still clearly our second best option at qb, especially if Newman is still hurt.

Thanks, Fayettenam. Forgot your were an expert. Should have just asked you directly. Please tell us who can play DB since they all suck so far, including our WR converted DB.

What about tuba? Can he play tuba, we’ve only got 2 in the band this year?

His phenomenal athleticism would be no match for his immeasurable lack of experience

His phenomenal athleticism would be no match for his immeasurable lack of experience

Fair point. We need help from somewhere. Not sure the DBs are going to solve it on their own. We are going to have to dial up a whole lot more pressure, blitzes, etc, so that our DBs don't hve to try to cover guys for 4-5 seconds.

Can Dortch play CB? Old school two-way player. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Back in the day, Freddie Summers was the qb for 2 years when I was in school and possessed skills similar to Hinton's. Freddie later played db for 2-3 years with the Cleveland Browns. Game has changed with much more passing but skills necessary to play the position remain the same. Guessing that Hinton played some db in high school. IMO, db is one of the easiest positions in which to make such a transition.

When you have limited resources, you have to use them creatively. I note that Temple is using its best rb as a situational pass rusher. He is in the qb's grill before slow moving OTs get out of their stance.

Back in the day, Freddie Summers was the qb for 2 years when I was in school and possessed skills similar to Hinton's. Freddie later played db for 2-3 years with the Cleveland Browns. Game has changed with much more passing but skills necessary to play the position remain the same. Guessing that Hinton played some db in high school. IMO, db is one of the easiest positions in which to make such a transition.

When you have limited resources, you have to use them creatively. I note that Temple is using its best rb as a situational pass rusher. He is in the qb's grill before slow moving OTs get out of their stance.

Can Colburn or Carney rush the passer???

Hinton should head to WSSU next season and wreck people.

We all agree that Hinton should be in every defensive play in the nickel package regardless of down or distance.

We can not afford to give up any more of the easy over the top touchdown passes.

Even if Notre Dame has long sustained drives this way we might force a few field goal attempts.

Back