• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

What would be interesting is if Hartman struggles at the beginning of the game and Hinton goes in at QB and moves the team and we end up with a QB controversy. Hope that doesn't happen though.

A QB controversy in unavoidable. Hartman has played way beyond all reasonable expectation for a true frosh, and already there is some "talk" about playing Hinton at QB. If (and more likely 'when') Hartman struggles some will clamor to hand the QB job over to Hinton. Every fan-base has a strong segment that has a hard-on for the back QB, whomever he is. The fact that Hinton has had some previous success will only feed that sentiment.

A QB controversy in unavoidable. Hartman has played way beyond all reasonable expectation for a true frosh, and already there is some "talk" about playing Hinton at QB. If (and more likely 'when') Hartman struggles some will clamor to hand the QB job over to Hinton. Every fan-base has a strong segment that has a hard-on for the back QB, whomever he is. The fact that Hinton has had some previous success will only feed that sentiment.

Yeah, but I'm talking a true QB controversy, where Hartman struggles and Hinton actually has success as his replacement. Not "the backup QB is the best player on the team until he has to play" made up controversy.

Yeah, but I'm talking a true QB controversy, where Hartman struggles and Hinton actually has success as his replacement. Not "the backup QB is the best player on the team until he has to play" made up controversy.

It wouldn’t be unusual at all. It would be as “interesting” as the last three years.

I get it, but I don't think a controversy requires Hinton to have success. Controversy will arise if Hartman struggles which is likely given his youth and that WF will face a series of tough defenses that now have game film on him. Tulane stacked the box and dared Hartman to prove he can throw. Defenses know he can throw; and they are now taking away his favorite routes.

It wouldn’t be unusual at all. It would be as “interesting” as the last three years.

No, I think it would be unusual if it happens Saturday because of the new redshirt rules. Again, if Hartman struggles and Hinton has success or even leads us to victory. Remember Sam can still redshirt if he doesn't play beyond Saturday, so if that happens it's not as simple as Clawson saying "we've play both and see how it shakes out."

I don’t care who the QB is as long as we win.

The "Skeen really would have helped us this year" and "Has Lance Thomas made his decision yet?" lines had gotten stale. I'm glad we'll have "Is Hartman going to redshirt this year?" to replace them.

I imagine ND is just a bigger, faster, way more talented version of BC so I'm not optimistic about this one. Hope I'm wrong.

I imagine ND is just a bigger, faster, way more talented version of BC so I'm not optimistic about this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Bigger no, faster no and on paper more talented but they have NOBODY like Dillon.

The "Skeen really would have helped us this year" and "Has Lance Thomas made his decision yet?" lines had gotten stale. I'm glad we'll have "Is Hartman going to redshirt this year?" to replace them.

But will we burn Josh Adams' shirt???

Don't think so. For one few if any teams have a RB with the size and speed of Dillon. That guy is a beast and ND has no one remotely close to that type of talent although they have some good backs, but ND is only averaging 167 yards rushing. Dillon alone almost averages that and BC goes for close to 300 yards on ground. That speaks to awesome RBs and really strong OL. BC's OL is seasoned and big, so ND might be slightly bigger/faster but not by much if any. ND's O is only averaging 350 yards/game, so hopefully we can slow them down some especially if can improve our pass D.

The one area I think they could be better is on DL, but still BC has some seasoned big guys and some really good LBs and DBs, so would be surprised if a big diff.

Interesting that Ball State ran the ball very effectively vs. ND but didn't pass well while Vandy couldn't run but passed really well. Sorry but I think our passing O has to be at least as good as Vandys and would hope our running game could be effective enough to gain the yards. Believe it will again come down to the wire, but think this time Deacs pull it out with late FG.

I feel pretty good about Sciba hitting a key FG and it’s only his 4th game.

What would be interesting is if Hartman struggles at the beginning of the game and Hinton goes in at QB and moves the team and we end up with a QB controversy. Hope that doesn't happen though.

Buckle up live !

Clawson couldn't be more clear on his dislike for Hartman's INT's right now. He told Les that Dortch and Hinton are our top elusive athletes. Hartman is the future....ND is now. If Hartman struggles at all early, in will come Hinton.

GO DEACS !

So far so good but we don't know if he can nail a 45 yarder yet.

Yeah, he has yet to attempt what would be considered a decent length field goal, but he's looked solid so far except for his first kick against Tulane.

Back