• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

Good spot for WF.

ND has a top 10 match up with Stanford after WF. WF has Rice on deck.

WF has two extra days to prepare, and ND's hasn't been great at throwing the ball this year:

200 yards per game; 57%; 2 TDs and 4 picks. Realize that WF pass defense could may make any passing offense look potent (Tulane struggled to throw the ball against UAB last week), but throwing the ball is not a strength for ND.

This is WF's best chance to beat ND since ND affiliated with the ACC.

Posting this gif now for safekeeping in case we win.

giphy.gif

Weird year. I think we beat nd and Florida State, but now pitt and duke look like tough games

Hope it is not, QB flushed from pocket, scrambles, finds WR deep and open for TD and we ask "where was the safety help?"

We will run the ball fine and score, on just about anyone.

Weird year. I think we beat nd and Florida State, but now pitt and duke look like tough games

At Duke was going to be a tough game before the season started, we've lost 4 of the last 5 to them. The Pitt game was going to be tough too. Pitt is almost always big and physical and a tough out. We've just got to get better on pass defense and overall, stay healthy and we have several winnable games left on the schedule.

At Duke was going to be a tough game before the season started, we've lost 4 of the last 5 to them. The Pitt game was going to be tough too. Pitt is almost always big and physical and a tough out. We've just got to get better on pass defense and overall, stay healthy and we have several winnable games left on the schedule.

Duke game is so far off, really hard to know how either team will be playing at that point; injuries always play a huge role at the of the season.

Claw will do a better job of coaching. We were trying to stop Dillon and were biting on the play fakes. I don't think that we over looked BC, we didn't respect them enough. Somebody has to pay for this and Kelly will get stuck with the bill.

Claw will do a better job of coaching. We were trying to stop Dillon and were biting on the play fakes. I don't think that we over looked BC, we didn't respect them enough. Somebody has to pay for this and Kelly will get stuck with the bill.

I would disagree but I don't understand the second sentence enough to do so ... Are we talking former Buffalo Bill Jim Kelly?

I can disagree with the first sentence though. To say we overlooked BC is a bit nutso. We had it circled on our calendar as did they. Plus, we were going against a Heisman candidate in Dillon. Plus, BC won their first two games by 40 points while we didn't.

I do think injuries in the secondary have hurt us. And it is quite possible that our DC is just not up to the task. Either that or he hasn't articulated the type of athlete he needs at certain positions.

WF didn't overlook BC at all. Think that the defensive gameplan was to try to limit and Dillon and make Anthony Brown beat our D, and Brown promptly did over and over.

WF didn't overlook BC at all. Think that the defensive gameplan was to try to limit and Dillon and make Anthony Brown beat our D, and Brown promptly did over and over.

Yeah. We respected Dillon and didn’t respect Brown.

I don't think it was the wrong strategy.

I don't think it was either. BC has never really been known to be a team that hurts you deep, so trying to contain their All-American running back as the 1st priority was the right thing to do. A decent secondary doesn't give up all those long pass plays and forces Brown to make a lot more shorter completions to get those scores, which increases the chances of ints or 3rd down stops. I don't fault the game plan, I fault the lack of talent in the secondary, the coaching of the secondary or both.

Yeah. We respected Dillon and didn’t respect Brown.

Well... Dillon did rush for almost 200, so we definitely should have respected him a little more. It would be OK if we stopped something, but we stopped nothing. They would have hung 50 on us without the special teams errors. I really hope we come out this week playing like our hairs on fire to give ND a decent game.

Agree with the gameplan. Got to tip your hat to Brown. He played great. With that said, even with that gameplan, the DBs did a crappy job and the DL/LB failed to get much pressure on Brown. Surrendering 5 TD passes of 27 yards or more is pathetic.

09-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff
With our poor pass defense BC is likely to pass against us a lot although their run game is especially good.
Can Deacs limit mistakes and outscore BC in a classic shootout?

They could not possibly because they failed to adequately prep for the passing game if you believe Clawson’s on words. He doesn’t believe we’re shorthanded at all.

Well... Dillon did rush for almost 200, so we definitely should have respected him a little more. It would be OK if we stopped something, but we stopped nothing. They would have hung 50 on us without the special teams errors. I really hope we come out this week playing like our hairs on fire to give ND a decent game.

He did, so we certainly didn't stop him, but after the early TD run he had, I thought we did a decent job of containing him at least.

Back