• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

We are so clueless in defending the read option around the goal line. Our defense is a bunch of inexperienced bad players that don't seem to have a clue. Inexperience + lack of talent + lack of coaching = the crap we are watching on the field.

I don't disagree. However, we are totally over-matched physically. Totally. That last drive for ND, their WR literally ran over 4 of our players.
We definitely have coaching problems. Definitely. I am equally worried at the recruiting, or lack thereof on our D.

Play Hinton! He can take it to the house in any play.

We are consistently playing a few just terrible players on defense. Not sure if that is just a commentary on the talent and experience level that we have right now. Or if the coaching staff is just putting the wrong guys on the field.

To add insult to injury, out "vaunted" OL ain't so "vaunted". We'll be to our 4th string QB in the Clemson game.

looks like lectro knows as much about OL play as he does everything else

We are consistently playing a few just terrible players on defense. Not sure if that is just a commentary on the talent and experience level that we have right now. Or if the coaching staff is just putting the wrong guys on the field.

Who would you prefer play for us?

Sam now knows how Tanner Price and Wolford felt early in their WF careers....it'll get better Sam....trust me....

I thought we had a chance coming in. Throw me into the dumbo camp ...

Seems like Hinton at QB with Dortch in the slot is our best combination of explosive play talent. Hinton looks like he could be good in the slot, but he's a huge drop down from Dortch. The passing game at all levels (short, intermediate, deep) wasn't working with Hartman anyway.

I thought we had a chance coming in. Throw me into the dumbo camp ...

same. felt decent about this one coming in. turns out that was a mistake and there is no reason to feel good about this team for any game the rest of the season, including rice

I’d say at least we aren’t Nebraska fans but they’ve won titles

Wonder if our best offense isn't Newman running alot of read option with Dortch and Hinton getting a ton of bubble screens on the edges. Spread the defense out across the field to open the middle for the runs, and then try to get Washington or Bachman open down the field here and there when the defense is creeping up.

It is astounding how bad our defense is. The O is ok.

Back