• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

Yea hartman was bad today. I like Hartman a lot and think he will be really good for us. But he struggled today with accuracy and that's a problem. He was under pressure all game but even when he had time was missing throws. We have a lightning quick QB and a 240 lb QB. Play one of those guys when your qb is under siege and missing throws.

It was like a snowball going down the hill for Hartman. He missed some throws, then got pressured, which lead to the game speeding up for him, and then he was getting hit a lot on no gain runs. That limted the passing game and hindered the running game.

Well, at least leaving BB&T won't be a problem as most of the fans have already departed....

Really disappointed in Dave Clawson. Not because we lost to ND. That was almost a given and certainly not expecting a win.

I'm disappointed in how poorly prepared this team appears and by the fact we are getting physically overpowered on both sides of the ball.
Our football team appears to have taken a major step or two back from last year. In light of BC being exposed, I'm even more concerned with our program.

Really disappointed in Dave Clawson. Not because we lost to ND. That was almost a given and certainly not expecting a win.

I'm disappointed in how poorly prepared this team appears and by the fact we are getting physically overpowered on both sides of the ball.
Our football team appears to have taken a major step or two back from last year. In light of BC being exposed, I'm even more concerned with our program.

Totally agree, well said.

I truly believe Clawson needs to shake up the D staff somehow. It almost appears the D doesn’t believe in its coordinator. No pressure at all and soft coverage today, and we looked sluggish all-around.
It will be quite interesting to see how we perform next week against Rice. That should be a W.

Just no idea what is going on with the D. Has to be a combination of issues. I feel like at this point you can't just lump the defensive problems on either the players or the coaches by themselves. Has to be both.

I don't think it's fair to say the defense on a whole was bad. The only problem areas I saw were poor tackling, bad coverage, no pressure, and confusion/missed assignments.

Otherwise things were pretty solid and Wake kept it under 60. Plenty of positives to build on.

My kids and their spouses are all at the GT-Clemson game.
They're going to have a pretty tough time as well. (they're GT)

Holy shit there is a ton of orange in that stadium. I hate to think what BB&T will look like in a couple of weeks.

I think we overestimate how good last year's team was. Today's game was almost a replay of last year's ND game, except we got a little more offense in last year's to make it look like we were a little more in the game. At this point in the season last year, we had blown a game against a mediocre FSU team and squeeked out a lucky win against App St in which we were outplayed. We got better as the season went on, won a few of the 50/50 type of games, played like garbage against Duke, and then eeked out a fun bowl game. It will be intersting to see what happens with the offense and the QB situation this year, and then if the defense can become simply bad instead of really, really bad.

Just go ahead and fucking start Hinton at Qb next week so he can get some game reps. He needs to start against Klempsun. Hartman will get killed going against that D-line.

When you line up for a field goal without the kicker everything goes downhill from there.

When you line up for a field goal without the kicker everything goes downhill from there.

Exactly. I've never been deluded into thinking any of Clawson's teams have been great or even very good for that matter. However, we always looked prepared.
What also concerns me is player development. We have/had one of the most seasoned offensive lines in the conference and were supposed to be very strong in that area.
We look like we did when Clawson got here. Very porous line, missed blocking assignments and SLOOOOW play development even with the RPO.

Hope Dave can pull things together and salvage this season and get us 6 wins. It's possible but not very likely from what he's put on the field thus far this season.

Back