• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

ND depth chart notes

First look at the depth chart:

- Kendall Hinton is backup QB
- Scotty Washington is backup WR to Sage Surratt
- Alex Bachman starting other WR
- There are 0 changes on the defensive side

Pretty simple I think. ND is not a better coached team than we are per se. If we hold our own on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball we have a decent chance. If not, we'll be out-athleted with big plays just like BC did to us.

It's early but so far BC looks like a better team than ND. NOBODY we play has a back like Dillon.

Is Vandy that good or is ND maybe a tad overrated ? Is Vandy really better than Wake ?

Our problem right now is NOT 'the defense'....it's a secondary that's had some injuries and has been vulnerable. Get healthy and we'll be markedly better. Oh and a little more disruption from Basham wouldn't hurt either.

ND depth chart notes

Love a lot about Hartman....he's the future. Bet if Hinton hadn't gotten suspended, I think he would have have been the QB. I will not at all be surprised to see Hinton early.

ND depth chart notes

a) interesting, b) yikes

ND depth chart notes

Punter Dom Maggio is a Junior, but holder Dom Maggio is a Sophomore

Isn't the OR between Henderson and Taylor at CB new?

Injury report? Looks like Matterson is still out.

Washington was really disappointing last game. I'd rather have Sage starting.

He got one target. I'm not saying Sage shouldn't get the start or the most reps, but I Scotty needs more reps too if healthy. He was pretty good for us last year and a matchup problem for other teams with his size.

One thing I would like to see this game, is Clawson work the refs more after bad calls. You could argue that its unseemly or makes the coach come off as a complainer, but it can have the tendency to make the refs make certain calls they wouldn't otherwise.

There is a reason that baseball and basketball coaches are constantly jawing at the refs, they are trying to make the refs feel like they are not calling the game equally, resulting in make up calls. The of-fsides and the late hit against Dortch, had they been called could have really impacted the game, but Clawson doesn't press the issue with the refs. Even if Clawson got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I would find it worth it, knowing that he was pushing the refs. The refs this weekend will be officiating a nationally televised game, with a blue blood program, I would predict a tendency to make border line calls in favor of the Irish.

Unfortunately I see this game playing out much like BC, our defense contains the run, but we make a mediocre throwing QB look like a first rounder. Couple exciting plays, Wake keeps it close, but the Irish pull it out in the end. Which is unfortunate, because a win against a team like ND has the ability to motivate a team the rest of the season.

Eh ? Washington played like maybe a series before he laid the lumber on the BC LB and reinjured his shoulder and took a seat.

You get a do-over:)

One thing I would like to see this game, is Clawson work the refs more after bad calls. You could argue that its unseemly or makes the coach come off as a complainer, but it can have the tendency to make the refs make certain calls they wouldn't otherwise.

There is a reason that baseball and basketball coaches are constantly jawing at the refs, they are trying to make the refs feel like they are not calling the game equally, resulting in make up calls. The of-fsides and the late hit against Dortch, had they been called could have really impacted the game, but Clawson doesn't press the issue with the refs. Even if Clawson got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I would find it worth it, knowing that he was pushing the refs. The refs this weekend will be officiating a nationally televised game, with a blue blood program, I would predict a tendency to make border line calls in favor of the Irish.

Unfortunately I see this game playing out much like BC, our defense contains the run, but we make a mediocre throwing QB look like a first rounder. Couple exciting plays, Wake keeps it close, but the Irish pull it out in the end. Which is unfortunate, because a win against a team like ND has the ability to motivate a team the rest of the season.

From what I've seen Clawson works the refs plenty, complete opposite of Grobie. Not sure he can do much more on that front.

Maybe I'm nuts but feel the upset coming....like 23-17 Deacs!

Washington had a good end of the season last year, but he's had drop problems much of his time at Wake

was discouraging to see him drop the one look he got that hit him in the hands

based on everything Hinton had been doing the last few weeks of practice, pretty surprised to see him on the depth chart at QB

based on everything Hinton had been doing the last few weeks of practice, pretty surprised to see him on the depth chart at QB

Wasn't he the scout QB?

Clawson works the officials plenty.

Clawson should wear a tie on the sidelines. Show a little class.

Washington had a good end of the season last year, but he's had drop problems much of his time at Wake

was discouraging to see him drop the one look he got that hit him in the hands

Yeah, that was bad drop, but it was his first action in awhile. I'd like to see him get several more opportunities before we write him off. If we can get him back to playing well, it makes our WR depth really good.

Back