• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

I feel like maybe you guys are overlooking both the trenches and special teams

I think ND is going to stack the box, somewhat similar to Tulane. I'm a broken record with this, but we need to try and hit some deep shots over the top of the defense. It seems like we're completing a pretty high percentage of them anyways. For some reason, we rarely seem to run/throw simple go routes against man coverage. Clemson probably throws 8+ deep go routes a game. I'll take our WRs over their DBs on a 50/50 (or better) ball every single time.

Kelly sucks at the deep ball and Clemson's offense will be a lot more dangerous once Lawrence takes over as starter. Clemson has really good receivers that pretty much demand you throw the ball deep occasionally but the underneath passing game with a run threat is where Kelly is most effective.

a lot of teams run to set up the pass, but sometimes you can pass to set up the run

If we decide enough is enough and that we're just not going to lose it'll be all good.

giphy.gif

Win this one, beat Rice, lose to Clemson and win out...win our bowl...10-3 lets go

They ACC should send them back since Notre Dame is not in the ACC for football!

The ACC assigns their officials so it would be proper for them to send in their clips to the ACC office for their perusal on Sundays for the Monday conference call with the officials. They go over lots of the good & the bad calls that happened over the weekend on their laptops plus take rules tests, etc. The prior game's replay guy is assigned with grading out each of the 8 positions for his game, sending them in to the league office by Sunday. That guy spends about 30 hours a week doing his stuff for his weekend assignment. Quite a lot of work for about $2500-3000.

Back