• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

I'd rather take a wadded up t-shirt to the balls that watch that abomination again. The announcers had the audacity to praise Sawvel early in the game.

Would you let Buzz throw it?

Down 42-13 and announcer says "it is starting to unravel for Wake Forest"

In a twisted way kinda' happy that was at the game and didn't watch it on TV.

We have no linebackers or edge defenders.

Haven't read thru all of this but wanted to mention we played with Kemp as stand-up DE with only 3 big guys a lot of the time. ND had many stretch plays that got the edge with the corner as first contact. Our LBs couldn't get away from the guards to scrape.

Do I understand correctly that Kirk herbstreit praised our D and the next day we fired our D coordinator. Guess he was just remembering Elko’s D and hasn’t paid attention the last few years. Not surprised and can’t really blame him for not paying attention to us. But if you aren’t going to pay attention, don’t talk about us as though you do.

Do I understand correctly that Kirk herbstreit praised our D and the next day we fired our D coordinator. Guess he was just remembering Elko’s D and hasn’t paid attention the last few years. Not surprised and can’t really blame him for not paying attention to us. But if you aren’t going to pay attention, don’t talk about us as though you do.

I'm sure Herbstreit feels it's beneath him to have to offer commentary on WF.

Firing a DC in mid season is NOT LOWF. Time to keep the heads up, realistically. Clawson is really focused on not losing momentum and figuring out a way to get to 6 wins. To get there he SHOULD play Newman some to spell Hartman since he’s dropped Hinton which is puzzling. Hinton’s dynamism is very much needed against most opponents but Clawson is going with the rifleman in Hartman. Fair enough but the OL better step it up in pass protection as well.

Against Clemson and others we sure could use the occasional running of Newman and Hinton to complement Hartman.

Firing a DC in mid season is NOT LOWF. Time to keep the heads up, realistically. Clawson is really focused on not losing momentum and figuring out a way to get to 6 wins. To get there he SHOULD play Newman some to spell Hartman since he’s dropped Hinton which is puzzling. Hinton’s dynamism is very much needed against most opponents but Clawson is going with the rifleman in Hartman. Fair enough but the OL better step it up in pass protection as well.

Against Clemson and others we sure could use the occasional running of Newman and Hinton to complement Hartman.

Agreed. My thought is this, better use Hinton against Clemson.

Agreed. My thought is this, better use Hinton against Clemson.

everyone agrees that Harman sits out the Rice game. Rice will allow us to run the ball so we go with Hinton and Newman and win in a 38-28 kind of game and no way we cover the 25 which we all know is ridiculous. We might win but no way by more than a couple touchdowns ... we can't stop anybody.

Back