Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142
Results 821 to 836 of 836

Thread: Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

  1. #821
    we have a good running game because of the hurry-up

  2. #822
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    62,906
    We have no linebackers or edge defenders.

  3. #823
    Game replay on TV now. ESPNU for those who want to relive it!

  4. #824
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    25,786
    Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    Game replay on TV now. ESPNU for those who want to relive it!
    I'd rather take a wadded up t-shirt to the balls that watch that abomination again. The announcers had the audacity to praise Sawvel early in the game.

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    I'd rather take a wadded up t-shirt to the balls that watch that abomination again. The announcers had the audacity to praise Sawvel early in the game.
    Would you let Buzz throw it?

  6. #826
    Sheikh of Smoke
    tsywake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Grassy Knoll, NC
    Posts
    25,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakefan77 View Post
    Would you let Buzz throw it?
    Nope. Has to be shot by a CO2 gun.

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Nope. Has to be shot by a CO2 gun.
    Buzz butt naked wearing only a Deacon head holding a CO2 gun aiming right for your junk.

  8. #828
    Down 42-13 and announcer says "it is starting to unravel for Wake Forest"

  9. #829
    Scott "Rufio" Feather morrison2951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    F-V, NC
    Posts
    5,609
    In a twisted way kinda' happy that was at the game and didn't watch it on TV.

  10. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    We have no linebackers or edge defenders.
    Haven't read thru all of this but wanted to mention we played with Kemp as stand-up DE with only 3 big guys a lot of the time. ND had many stretch plays that got the edge with the corner as first contact. Our LBs couldn't get away from the guards to scrape.

  11. #831
    Do I understand correctly that Kirk herbstreit praised our D and the next day we fired our D coordinator. Guess he was just remembering Elkoís D and hasnít paid attention the last few years. Not surprised and canít really blame him for not paying attention to us. But if you arenít going to pay attention, donít talk about us as though you do.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Do I understand correctly that Kirk herbstreit praised our D and the next day we fired our D coordinator. Guess he was just remembering Elkoís D and hasnít paid attention the last few years. Not surprised and canít really blame him for not paying attention to us. But if you arenít going to pay attention, donít talk about us as though you do.
    I'm sure Herbstreit feels it's beneath him to have to offer commentary on WF.

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectah View Post
    I'm sure Herbstreit feels it's beneath him to have to offer commentary on WF.
    He does. I remember in 2006 when he was forced to acknowledge us, he did so very begrudgingly.
    boorish ruffian

  14. #834
    Firing a DC in mid season is NOT LOWF. Time to keep the heads up, realistically. Clawson is really focused on not losing momentum and figuring out a way to get to 6 wins. To get there he SHOULD play Newman some to spell Hartman since heís dropped Hinton which is puzzling. Hintonís dynamism is very much needed against most opponents but Clawson is going with the rifleman in Hartman. Fair enough but the OL better step it up in pass protection as well.

    Against Clemson and others we sure could use the occasional running of Newman and Hinton to complement Hartman.

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacAssured View Post
    Firing a DC in mid season is NOT LOWF. Time to keep the heads up, realistically. Clawson is really focused on not losing momentum and figuring out a way to get to 6 wins. To get there he SHOULD play Newman some to spell Hartman since heís dropped Hinton which is puzzling. Hintonís dynamism is very much needed against most opponents but Clawson is going with the rifleman in Hartman. Fair enough but the OL better step it up in pass protection as well.

    Against Clemson and others we sure could use the occasional running of Newman and Hinton to complement Hartman.
    Agreed. My thought is this, better use Hinton against Clemson.

  16. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakefan77 View Post
    Agreed. My thought is this, better use Hinton against Clemson.
    everyone agrees that Harman sits out the Rice game. Rice will allow us to run the ball so we go with Hinton and Newman and win in a 38-28 kind of game and no way we cover the 25 which we all know is ridiculous. We might win but no way by more than a couple touchdowns ... we can't stop anybody.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •