• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

DeacAssured

Reaction score
Vandy is a very good team we would have difficult time beating but they played ND tough today.

This coming Saturday at noon, ND’s Wimbush will be hard to contain. If our DBs aren’t improved can Deacs beat them in a shootout?

I think we can score with almost anyone. Clawson will have the D at least better than the BC game. I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see us win, but I don't expect it.

I think we can score with almost anyone. Clawson will have the D at least better than the BC game. I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see us win, but I don't expect it.

I wouldn’t be so confident “ we can score with anyone just yet. In 2 games against FBS teams the offense has scored 17 and 27 points in regulation. Against Tulane it was 17-17 going into OT and against BC 7 of the 34 came off a blocked punt for a TD and even another 7 came after after a fumble recovery inside their own 10. Yes we’ve ran up some yards on offense, but have yet to show this offense can put actual points on the board like last years. The defense has got to be alt least able to get some stops and create some turnovers for us to get to another bowl game. Asking a true freshman QB to win us many shootouts isn’t a successful formula.

Probably will be a long time before we get a better setup for a possible win against them. I would love our chances with last year's team. Unfortunately, don't see this year's squad being able to get it done. Something like 42-28 ND.

I wouldn’t be so confident “ we can score with anyone just yet. In 2 games against FBS teams the offense has scored 17 and 27 points in regulation. Against Tulane it was 17-17 going into OT and against BC 7 of the 34 came off a blocked punt for a TD and even another 7 came after after a fumble recovery inside their own 10. Yes we’ve ran up some yards on offense, but have yet to show this offense can put actual points on the board like last years. The defense has got to be alt least able to get some stops and create some turnovers for us to get to another bowl game. Asking a true freshman QB to win us many shootouts isn’t a successful formula.

Truth.

We weren't winning by shootout at this point in the season last year. That team got better and better. This team will get better too. Remains to be seen how much better.

Does everyone agree we will be 8 point dogs this week?

ND is not as good as their reputation.
Is we play up to our potential, we can beat them.

ND is not as good as their reputation.
Is we play up to our potential, we can beat them.
If WF wins it will only happen because our guys and coaches refuse to lose, absolutely refuse. In all three games so far, I’ve seen guys that want to win but I’ve yet to see guys who refuse to lose. When the rest of the team remembers they will have to carry a freshman QB a little while longer we may surprise ourselves. Tulane game should never have been close and Towson should have never gotten in the end zone. Man up time. Clawson is not happy for good reason but it is on him, whether anyone likes it or not.

That post is awesome.

tumblr_nmtgabBmcg1s2w9y9o1_640.gif

If WF wins it will only happen because our guys and coaches refuse to lose, absolutely refuse. In all three games so far, I’ve seen guys that want to win but I’ve yet to see guys who refuse to lose. When the rest of the team remembers they will have to carry a freshman QB a little while longer we may surprise ourselves. Tulane game should never have been close and Towson should have never gotten in the end zone. Man up time. Clawson is not happy for good reason but it is on him, whether anyone likes it or not.

So all you have to do is refuse to lose and you will win, interesting? I’m sorry, but I guarantee that every Saturday there are tons of teams that have the refuse to lose mentality and end up losing. Us winning or losing has a heck of a lot more to do with blocking, tackling, catching, better decision making and covering better than it has to do with any refuse to lose attitude. That is one of the most over used cliques in sports, it sounds good, but both teams usually want it bad enough. It just comes down to who is better and we’ve just got to get better.

So all you have to do is refuse to lose and you will win, interesting? I’m sorry, but I guarantee that every Saturday there are tons of teams that have the refuse to lose mentality and end up losing. Us winning or losing has a heck of a lot more to do with blocking, tackling, catching, better decision making and covering better than it has to do with any refuse to lose attitude. That is one of the most over used cliques in sports, it sounds good, but both teams usually want it bad enough. It just comes down to who is better and we’ve just got to get better.

You don't understand. Anybody can have a "refuse to lose mentality". You have to actually refuse to lose.

Teams that do that go undefeated.

Pretty simple really.

You don't understand. Anybody can have a "refuse to lose mentality". You have to actually refuse to lose.

Teams that do that go undefeated.

Pretty simple really.

Everyone here knows you’re kidding. We can always refuse to lose but when the other team has better athletes we will lose almost every time. That’s why we beat the teams where we have the better athlete and lose when the other team has the better athletes.

As we all expected Notre Dame is coming out as a 7-9 point favorite.

Let’s prevent no more than 2 touchdown passes of more than 40 yards and win the turnover game and maybe we can steal one.

Fair enough. A refuse to lose mentality makes a difference when you have a reasonable athletic basis for winning.

We will have to improve our defense. ND QB can scramble, we need to contain him and put some pressure on him. Would be a nice change to not give up a couple of 50+ TD passes. ND did not look that strong against Vandy-- doubt they were looking forward to us. This is a great chance to finally get a statement win. Just like Syracuse did Saturday. By the time we play FSU, beating them would not be a signature win

Let’s get a whole lot of non-signature wins !

So if you "Refuse to Lose" and you're down on the scoreboard with the last seconds ticking away and all hope is lost, do one of the players grab the referee and put him in a choke hold and not release it until he stops the clock before it hits 0:00?

Good spot for WF.

ND has a top 10 match up with Stanford after WF. WF has Rice on deck.

WF has two extra days to prepare, and ND's hasn't been great at throwing the ball this year:

200 yards per game; 57%; 2 TDs and 4 picks. Realize that WF pass defense could may make any passing offense look potent (Tulane struggled to throw the ball against UAB last week), but throwing the ball is not a strength for ND.

This is WF's best chance to beat ND since ND affiliated with the ACC.

Back