• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

We need to keep our defense off the field. Ruggerio's "2 minute" offense is killing us. We have no DL depth, and must adjust accordingly.

We need to keep our defense off the field. Ruggerio's "2 minute" offense is killing us. We have no DL depth, and must adjust accordingly.

We’ve ran the ball well, I agree, we may need to take the tempo down and be more ball control to shorten games and protect out defense.

Things that need to stay off the field:
1) The Defense
2) Our marching band at half. Good god that was pathetic.

Things that need to stay off the field:
1) The Defense
2) Our marching band at half. Good god that was pathetic.

Our band has never been big, but did half of them graduate last year or something, it’s like it’s shrunk in half?

Maybe they said fuck it just like the student section. Just an embarrassingly, shitty, fucked up, uninspiring day. Complete opposite of the ND game in 2011.

Might want to can the up tempo. Use the running game and short passes. Maybe come up with better use of Hinton. But we need to keep the defense off the field as much as possible

Agree 100%

All true! Look what happened to BC today... and Tulane. I know Tulane was at O$U, but it wasn't close. We just are a bad football team this year. Sure wish i wouldn't have drove up there to sit on the Broiler side of Groves stadium to witness this shellacking. WE couldn't stop the Lewisville Titans with our D! I'd like to think DC will totally clean house, and get some new coaches on that side this off-season. Effing hot as hell over there today!

Our band has never been big, but did half of them graduate last year or something, it’s like it’s shrunk in half?

Back in ye olden days, the band could spell out WAKE FOREST. Then, it was just WFU. Now, I think that they might be able to manage a WF.

Made the four hour round trip today looking for a big home upset win... and just more of the same swiss cheese D. :(

Clawson's got his hands full.

Lol at people on here making ND out to be a juggernaut. They should have lost to Vandy at home and barely beat Ball St. Our defense, outside of Rutgers, might be the worst in P5.

Their QB play was holding them back and Kelly made the change to let the rest of their impressive talent show thru. Folks, we got spanked by a Damn good team on a day our young QB played to his age and we got schooled in special teams. We adjusted to prevent the big plays over the top and they adjusted and beat us bad underneath. Tough day to be a Deacon fan but hopefully you didn't fall for the 8-4 talk with this schedule.

We’ve ran the ball well, I agree, we may need to take the tempo down and be more ball control to shorten games and protect out defense.

Completely agree.

I strongly agree with everyone who who stated we need to ditch the hurry up and go to a more traditional run game with short passes thrown in. We MUST keep the defense off the field as much as we can because neither them nor the coaches have a clue what to do. With Wolford we had a very smart, experienced and talented QB who was adept at the passing/rpo attack where we could outscore people, with a frosh QB who doesn't really run all that well, it is just not occupying enough clock to mask our defensive ineptitude. If Clawson and Ruggerio insist on continuing to run the RPO out of the pistol/shotgun, put Hinton or Newman in and try to grind out first downs and eat clock. As for Sawvell, I have said all I can say about how inept he looks, I guess when Elko left it was a blow but we didn't know he was taking our whole defense with him too.

Clawson should use the hurry-up intermittently. As posters have stated, its tiring our defense faster than the opponent's. Change speeds like Greg Maddux's pitching. That will keep the defense off guard. Of course, repetitive first downs would help too.

Back