• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redacted now un-retiring

Posting this only to see if Tweets get redacted too:

Never thought I’d see it said the Bzzzz leaving a team was a “blow.”

Rockets to win NBA title now, no doubt.

Buzz is just taking a little breather before taking up his next challenge. Ron has let him know that he wants him back at Wake to finish the job he started.

Buzz is just taking a little breather before taking up his next challenge. Ron has let him know that he wants him back at Wake to finish the job he started: the relocation of Wake Forest basketball to Division III status.

Since you posted before finishing the comment, I added the conclusion for you.

He is leaving the Rockets to take the vacant WF assistant coach job...

Dream team coaching staff...

Weird timing. Would think he would've made the decision early in the summer, not a week before training camp starts.

Weird timing. Would think he would've made the decision early in the summer, not a week before training camp starts.
The timing makes perfect sense. He sees a chance to grab some cheap real estate on the Carolina coast so that he and a Ron can finally retire and spend the rest of their days together. Good news is that it means Ron will be gone soon as well!

He's leaving because he would have been outed. Losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute and adding Melo will make covering up for Matador Harden's D much more difficult. The coach's only value was D and the Rockets' D is going to be worse than last year.

I met a guy 3 weeks ago in Hermosa Beach that played ball for Bz at AFA. They still keep in touch - he said he believes Bz was very good at strategy and player development, but wasn't surprised at his failing at higher level programs, because it's a different type of player/recruit at AFA vs a UC or a Wake. Bz told him that he actually regrets leaving AFA for the UC and then Wake job - in hindsight he wish he had stayed.

Back