• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rice Game Time - 3:30pm RSN

I thought it was at noon, but then I saw where it's listed TBD?

Deacs need to even up the series!

Rice currently leads 1-0-1. The tie came in a low scoring home game (10-10 ?) in a driving rainstorm in the Dooley years (I think late 80s). May have been the lowest attended WF game in the Groves/BB&T era. Not sure what the announced crowd was, but far less than 10K attended.

Even so, the powers that be deemed that it was WF's interest to renew the series with Rice.

Deacs need to even up the series!

Rice currently leads 1-0-1. The tie came in a low scoring home game (10-10 ?) in a driving rainstorm in the Dooley years (I think late 80s). May have been the lowest attended WF game in the Groves/BB&T era. Not sure what the announced crowd was, but far less than 10K attended.

Even so, the powers that be deemed that it was WF's interest to renew the series with Rice.

I was one of whatever number that was actually there. Miserable!

The crowd is going to be pretty bad this weekend after the manhandling we had on Saturday. Putting out the vibe for an extra blue lot parking pass if anyone has one. Will give away our orange lot one if anybody can hook me up with a blue. Thanksssssssss

(Edited to note - we have 10 season tickets + 1 blue lot parking pass and 1 orange lot parking pass...the ticket office wouldn't let us buy a second blue lot pass).

+1. i was there. What a miserable game. Two smallest DI schools play to a kiss your sister tie. Toilet Bowl game.

Think that the two smallest D1 schools are Rice and Tulsa.

Hatch keeps adding to our numbers. Now 5000 undergrads and counting.

WF is favored by 25. The total with be really high -- 60s+.

Rice results this year:

Rice 31 Prairie View 28
Houston 45 Rice 27
Hawaii 43 Rice 29
S. Miss 40 Rice 20

The Rice defense can't stop the run (5.6 ypc) or the pass (14 TDs 1 INT); they give up more than 500 yards per game.

The Rice QB is Shawn Stankavage; grad transfer from Vandy. He went to Cardinal Gibbons HS in Raleigh. His dad, Scott, was a QB for UNC, who also briefly played in the NFL.

Everyone agrees the spread is too high since they gave Houston all they could handle and nobody has stopped them all year. If we win we all know it's a 38-28 type of game and maybe even higher. But we all agree that if we win it's by no more than a couple touchdowns.

Back