• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heat Plan IS NOW in effect,

To be fair old people, no water, and heat are a disaster, and Wake loves them some old as shit fans that wear sweaters even when it’s 95 out.

DF07, I usually get you, but don't be such a jerk on this. Jordan McNair died at MD from heat stroke on an 80* 77% humidity day. My point was the forecast yesterday and before seemed clear this would be the best course of action for all fans.

DF07, I usually get you, but don't be such a jerk on this. Jordan McNair died at MD from heat stroke on an 80* 77% humidity day. My point was the forecast yesterday and before seemed clear this would be the best course of action for all fans.

There are water fountains in the stadium. There’s water for sale at the concession stands. If it was going to be hot, they were going to let you take in water as they are doing now. The panic and bitching about every little thing is just silly. I’m all for taking care of yourselves and being safe, but let’s not pretend that everything is some sinister plot.

Chances are - 1/2 the concessions will be closed like last week. You will enjoy at least one full quarter waiting for a $7 hot dog.

It's all bullshit. Geez it's hot in the south in August and Sept. no shit.

Chicken shit operation! Make the decision early and treat the fans well if temperature projected high. Wake has always needed more fan support. Let's go Deacs!

Chances are - 1/2 the concessions will be closed like last week. You will enjoy at least one full quarter waiting for a $7 hot dog.

In the past, we staffed concessions with volunteers from local civic/church groups. If that is the case still,then we could open more stands with minimal expense.

Don’t most of the Wake fans already have parking passes? Isn’t this just “gouging” the ND fans?

There aren’t any P5 schools in the country with more affordable football tickets and parking than Wake.
I talked to a ND grad at our tailgate today. To get season Tix 40 rows up on the 5 yard line would have cost him $6k. Then $130 per game to park 5 miles away to shuttle in.

He was floored when I told him how much we paid for season tickets and parking.

I talked to a ND grad at our tailgate today. To get season Tix 40 rows up on the 5 yard line would have cost him $6k. Then $130 per game to park 5 miles away to shuttle in.

In other news, the BMW 528 costs more than a Chevy Impala.

Yea but how many bottles of water can they bring in?

It's all bullshit. Geez it's hot in the south in August and Sept. no shit.

And before the Gods of the airwaves took control over our lives, we used to play these games at 7pm so radiant heat wasn't a factor. hot would be hot but not beating down on you. Tough day to be a Deacon fan or sit out in it.

Back