• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a related hot take, I also prefer fresh crab meat over imitation flavored crab sticks.

1. Homemade pasta is a lot of work and, while better than boxed, not to the point of making it worthwhile with any regularity

2. Zoodles and spaghetti are great for health, fine for taste, but lack of sauce absorption is a real downside

I agree spaghetti squash is good as it's own thing, but obviously doesn't totally satisfy like actual pasta. We did try a recipe one time making it like a substitute for "crack hashbrowns" (i.e. shredded hashbrowns baked with sour cream, bacon, cheese, and Ranch dressing mix) and it turned out pretty well (with less being able to tell the difference between squash vs potatoes when mixed with good stuff and baked)

Spaghetti squash doesn’t come close to pasta as a replacement entree IMO. Just stringy pumpkin. I’ll eat it, but I won’t pretend it’s as good as ordinary pasta, let alone fresh made pasta.

If it's done right, it can be better, imo.

Spaghetti squash is a nice change of pace, but clearly actual pasta (preferably fresh) is clearly the winner

Edit: clearly

Last edited:
This morning at the office, some one brought in danishes and muffins to a meeting, then I stopped by someone's office and they had those little snack size bags of chips, then someone just brought around single serve containers of Breyer's ice cream. I know my feeling of fatness right now could have been stopped with a little self control, but man, sometimes you just got to take advantage. Still feel like shit now though.

This morning at the office, some one brought in danishes and muffins to a meeting, then I stopped by someone's office and they had those little snack size bags of chips, then someone just brought around single serve containers of Breyer's ice cream. I know my feeling of fatness right now could have been stopped with a little self control, but man, sometimes you just got to take advantage. Still feel like shit now though.

Ugh, I feel you. Our receptionist has been consistently refilling the bowl on her desk with Halloween candy this week (Reese's, Twix, Butterfinger, Snickers, Milky Way, Baby Ruth), and then today was a going away party for a colleague with pizza and a Costco cake. Food coma / sugar crash central.

These are surprisingly delicious. I'd never heard of them before this year.

oreo-chocolate-bar-131328-im2.jpg

These are surprisingly delicious. I'd never heard of them before this year.

oreo-chocolate-bar-131328-im2.jpg

Same - they have them on Delta flights now, I had like 5 them on Thursday on my flight home. Its like a better version of that Hersheys cookies and cream bar thing.

Let me fire off another one.
Dari-o is better than cook out.
You're gonna compare a chain w/ like 6 locations, one of which is owned/franchised/whatever by someone that happily worked for [name redacted] with a regional powerhouse like Cookout. GTFO.

I've never thought less of you until this moment, GTB.

Counterpost #2:

1) You're not getting anywhere close to the food/price value a tray from Cookout gives you at Dairi-O.
2) Only 10 fucking milkshake flavors listed on their menu?! WTF is that.

Counterpost #2:

1) You're not getting anywhere close to the food/price value a tray from Cookout gives you at Dairi-O.
2) Only 10 fucking milkshake flavors listed on their menu?! WTF is that.

I mean, I feel you. It's not a fair comparison, because the Dario hotdogs are all beef and the food is super high quality. Cookout is just straight up value and delicious. But damned if on a one to one hotdogs comparison if Dario doesn't fucking slay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back