• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you’re never going to get a homemade crinkle fry so that’s an automatic dq

TITCR. Nothing against the shape of the fry, I just know that when I’m getting crinkle cut fries they were almost definitely dumped straight into the fryer from like a Sysco freezer bag.

can we get a shoutout for waffle fries from chick fil a? when properly cooked they are delicious.

Has anyone actually ever had a fresh/non-frozen crinkle cut or waffle fry? Do any restaurants even do this?

The taste from the fresh potatoes is the best part of a fry to me, even if it sometimes sacrifices crispiness. Which is why I rate Five Guys' fries #1 for fast(ish) food.

I’ve had Dari-o twice in the last two weeks 😳😳😳 and their crinkle cut fries are the bomb. Perfectly cooked, crispy, and seasoned deliciously. And the all beef hot dog all the way is the jam.

Now, maybe it’s just the location. I went to the Peter’s Creek location, so I can’t speak towards the other locations because it’s been a while since I’ve been to the others.

Has anyone actually ever had a fresh/non-frozen crinkle cut or waffle fry? Do any restaurants even do this?

The taste from the fresh potatoes is the best part of a fry to me, even if it sometimes sacrifices crispiness. Which is why I rate Five Guys' fries #1 for fast(ish) food.

how *would* you even do that? I assume the shape is bc they're just sending mashed potato into a shaper, kinda like the McNuggets of fries. Allows them to not have to care so much about removing shitty potato pieces, which is why crinkle cut fries pretty much taste like shitty potato pieces.

also, for anyone who's asked - I posted the WFU cycling team kit order form on the running/cycling thread.

i agree that frozen crinkle fries are probably franken potatoes but the crinkle (and it's evolved version, the waffle) are standard adapters to a mandolin slicer

i agree that frozen crinkle fries are probably franken potatoes but the crinkle (and it's evolved version, the waffle) are standard adapters to a mandolin slicer

True. At least waffle fries (from CFA) are discernibly real/actual potatoes, though- I've never seen fast food crinkle cut fries with skin on them.

how *would* you even do that? I assume the shape is bc they're just sending mashed potato into a shaper, kinda like the McNuggets of fries. Allows them to not have to care so much about removing shitty potato pieces, which is why crinkle cut fries pretty much taste like shitty potato pieces.

Naw bro. Do you even fry?

if you've ever wondered what a sexy gutter/downspout looks like:

the-attention-to-detail-extends-to-the-design-of-the-homes-streamlined-contemporary-gutters.jpg

Last edited:
Is it storing the water under the barn for later use? Where does it end? I need a resolution.

Yeah, maybe there's a cistern or something. But it definitely LOOKS cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back