• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely still pretend to "slam dunk" the top of doorways. Even throw a windmill in if I'm feeling it.

Exactly - stuff like that. I still jump to touch the ceiling sometimes, just ...because I can. Similarly, last night I kind of galloped/skipped down the hall to get my rings from their dish on the windowsill in the kitchen. No reason, just seemed more fun than walking.

I'm not saying by any stretch we NEED to grow up. I'm wondering at what point it just happens. It's hard to imagine my mother, for example, making faces at herself in the mirror... but I would have said the same thing back when I was a kid, and now I'm her age and I still do it. :noidea:

All that proves is MILLENNIALS are suckers and didn't learn from their parents not to accept mediocity

Exactly - stuff like that. I still jump to touch the ceiling sometimes, just ...because I can. Similarly, last night I kind of galloped/skipped down the hall to get my rings from their dish on the windowsill in the kitchen. No reason, just seemed more fun than walking.

I'm not saying by any stretch we NEED to grow up. I'm wondering at what point it just happens. It's hard to imagine my mother, for example, making faces at herself in the mirror... but I would have said the same thing back when I was a kid, and now I'm her age and I still do it. :noidea:

this-is-my-happy-face-10108271.png

I used to think people lost some youthful joy and excitement about life as they got older, but now I just tend to think those people were always humorless a-holes and now they are just old too

I'm not sure I understand this post, but Cher clearly hasn't grown up.

did not realize that Sting and Shaggy had an album together and are on tour

Does anyone else ever wonder when they'll "grow up?"
I don't mean like having a house kids car job etc... I mean like, when do you outgrow making faces in the mirror or kind of scampering down the hall instead of walking like a normal person, or laughing at your own funny body noises. It kind of makes me sad to think there are lots of people out there who don't take the time to appreciate these small moments of joy.

I've certainly had moments (some of them very recently) where I'm like, "fuck, this is so unfortunately grown up."

Has anyone else had to do a Pre-wedding seminar with their church? I have mine for 6 hours this weekend and have no idea what we are going to talk about for that long.

Greek Orthodox here. We had one, but it was like 2 hours and at the priest's house. Very chill, but super awkward.

sat with the preacher for like an hour as a courtesy but no "requirements". my buddy converted to Catholicism for his wife. sounded fucking ridiculous.

We had a series of meetings with my ELCA pastor. I think it was a requirement to have the wedding in church.

makes sense, God created nature but defs can't consecrate your union without a roof.

probably cheaper to just rent a car than uber if going to RDU

Had a bunch of flight cancellations on my way back to GSO from Boston one year. Closest the could get me was Charlotte just before midnight. Uber from Charlotte was about $40 cheaper than renting. Plus I got to jam to some early 90s R&B with the driver on way home.

Does anyone else ever wonder when they'll "grow up?"
I don't mean like having a house kids car job etc... I mean like, when do you outgrow making faces in the mirror or kind of scampering down the hall instead of walking like a normal person, or laughing at your own funny body noises. It kind of makes me sad to think there are lots of people out there who don't take the time to appreciate these small moments of joy.

I remember thinking that when I was in middle school... That at some point I’d feel like an adult and care about adult things.

It never happened. I just have more responsibilities now. I don’t think I’m much different otherwise.

Having kids is also a weird dynamic for a person that feels perpetually immature.

I definitely still pretend to "slam dunk" the top of doorways. Even throw a windmill in if I'm feeling it.

My wife gives me shit for that. Especially if it’s preceded by a sick crossover or spin move.

Has anyone else had to do a Pre-wedding seminar with their church? I have mine for 6 hours this weekend and have no idea what we are going to talk about for that long.

I require 6 pre marital counseling sessions for any wedding I officiate. Pretty much everyone has really enjoyed them. It’s mostly practical stuff like expectations and understanding how your family background/traditions will impact you marriage, communication and conflict resolution, how to budget/blend two financial philosophies and set goals together, and also sexuality (which seems uncomfortable, but when you marry people, especially for women who grew up in conservative/patriarchal churches, you find there’s a lot of unhealthy messaging and shame around sexuality and purity culture that can adversely affect a marriage that needs to be deconstructed to give people tools-and sometimes “permission” - to talk about sexuality).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back