• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reals, I really like Allison Krauss.

She rocks, but I would put her in Folk. I think of it not as most popular or best selling, but as who defined the genre.

Classic Country Mount Rushmore (Pre 1960): Hank, Waylon, Cline, Cash (Honorable Mention: Marty Robbins)
Modern Country Mount Rushmore (After 1960): Merle, Strait, Reba, Garth (Honorable Mention: Wynette, Loretta Lynn, and McGraw)
Bluegrass Mount Rushmore: Sam Bush, Doyle Lawson, Bill Monroe, Earl Scruggs (Honorable Mention: Tim O'Brien)

Thoughts on Kenny Chesney? I feel like his early stuff isn't too terrible. I use to listen to some Kenny back during my country phase in college.

She rocks, but I would put her in Folk. I think of it not as most popular or best selling, but as who defined the genre.

Classic Country Mount Rushmore (Pre 1960): Hank, Waylon, Cline, Cash (Honorable Mention: Marty Robbins)
Modern Country Mount Rushmore (After 1960): Merle, Strait, Reba, Garth (Honorable Mention: Wynette, Loretta Lynn, and McGraw)
Bluegrass Mount Rushmore: Sam Bush, Doyle Lawson, Bill Monroe, Earl Scruggs (Honorable Mention: Tim O'Brien)

Doc Watson?

Can't believe nobody's mentioned John Prine or Willie Nelson yet; hard to have a conversation about shaping country or folk without mentioning those guys.

Like if you agree with one of his theories or thoughts, then you're probably wrong?

Because that is a solid code.

right, if you view him as anything more than a pop pseudoscientist with good self promotion sensibilities then I'mma have a hard time taking you seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back